ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Shiflet

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
So somehow I missed that he transferred to Furman. I remember Wiley or someone on here being extremely high on this guy when we signed him. As in, we were very lucky to have him.

What happened? Was he just overrated and couldn't crack the starting spot so he left? Did the board overreact?

So somehow I missed that he transferred to Furman. I remember Wiley or someone on here being extremely high on this guy when we signed him. As in, we were very lucky to have him.

What happened? Was he just overrated and couldn't crack the starting spot so he left? Did the board overreact?

Wasn't me.

Looks to me like he wasn't happy with his switch to WR so he left for Furman. Been gone quite a while now.

On that note, I had completely forgotten about Chance Nolan until a few weeks ago. Anyone know why he transferred?

Between 2015 and 2018 classes, we signed 5 quarterbacks.

None of them are on the roster today.

Got to get better at those evals.

Between 2015 and 2018 classes, we signed 5 quarterbacks.

None of them are on the roster today.

Got to get better at those evals.

Gotta be hard to recruit quality QB's when the Head Coaches son is the starter

Reactions: MTOleBlue
On that note, I had completely forgotten about Chance Nolan until a few weeks ago. Anyone know why he transferred?

Went to a junior college. I'm sure it was a playing time issue. That's the deal 99% of the time with QB's

Greenville (SC) paper article had a brief mention a couple of weeks ago:

Transfer offers depth at multiple positions
Over the summer, Furman welcomed sophomore Luke Shiflett, a transfer from Middle Tennessee State that the Paladins recruited as a quarterback out of high school. He’s been taking reps at quarterback, but Saturday he played exclusively at wide receiver, his position as a freshman at MTSU.

“Luke is just one of those guys who every day just shows up,” said Hendrix. “Luke Shiflett can play quarterback for us. I just don’t know if he can do that this year.”

Hendrix expects Shiflett to strengthen the wide receiver corps while maybe helping at quarterback. He’s also providing depth at punter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT