ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Looks like Kansas flipped QB Jalon Daniels

Well that's unfortunate. He was gonna be our only QB for this class. TF has to be gutted about this. He had a great senior year and really did look the part of a true dual threat QB with excellent passing skills and a strong arm for someone his age. I'm not surprised he got a Power 5 offer and depending on when he signs, he might receive even more. Dude already looks like a man out there slinging it around and could probably come in here and start.

Not sure what this programs problem is with finding good QBs that stick. Outside of Brent Stockstill, who was the coaches son, what good QB recruits have flourished here? I know we've had some decently rated QB's sign with us but they all flopped....Very frustrating. This is a pretty big loss. Interested to see what their back up plan is.

Well that's unfortunate. He was gonna be our only QB for this class. TF has to be gutted about this. He had a great senior year and really did look the part of a true dual threat QB with excellent passing skills and a strong arm for someone his age. I'm not surprised he got a Power 5 offer and depending on when he signs, he might receive even more. Dude already looks like a man out there slinging it around and could probably come in here and start.

Not sure what this programs problem is with finding good QBs that stick. Outside of Brent Stockstill, who was the coaches son, what good QB recruits have flourished here? I know we've had some decently rated QB's sign with us but they all flopped....Very frustrating. This is a pretty big loss. Interested to see what their back up plan is.
I’ll be interested to see if the staff targets another guy down the stretch to February signing

I feel like they have to. As bad as we are with hitting on QBs, we need to be signing at least 1 per class. No offense, but we shouldn't be relying on walk-on's like Asher and Chase. (Yes I'm aware Asher eventually earned a scholarship)

I'd be interested to know how Randall Johnson turned out to be a dud.

If you sign a JUCO, you better make sure he can compete and see the field in year 1. How do you miss that badly?

I'd be interested to know how Randall Johnson turned out to be a dud.

If you sign a JUCO, you better make sure he can compete and see the field in year 1. How do you miss that badly?

I said from the beginning, Johnson wouldn't be the guy. Cali Juco ball is a lot different than the rest of the Juco's. Cali is really bad competition.

Stuckstill has consistently missed on a high percentage of JUCO's... he has an eye for poor talent

Something was always questionable when Randall was signed. His measurables were great, but the lack of really any other quality offers for him was a big red flag for me.

How frustrating is it to see Chance Nolan rated as a 4 star player.... 5.8 RR ..... Probably one of the highest rated JUCO QB's in the nation.....now signing with Oregon St.....

Another QB that transfers out who probably would have been great for us but got buried on the depth chart and ignored because Brent Stockstill was our savior...........

How frustrating is it to see Chance Nolan rated as a 4 star player.... 5.8 RR ..... Probably one of the highest rated JUCO QB's in the nation.....now signing with Oregon St.....

Another QB that transfers out who probably would have been great for us but got buried on the depth chart and ignored because Brent Stockstill was our savior...........

LMAO!

Not to be THAT guy, but Chance transferred after spring practice in May 2019. He had the chance to win the job after Brent left and didn't.

He didn't transfer because he was buried on the depth chart behind Brent. He signed in 2018, redshirted in 2018, and didn't win the battle in 2019.

Reactions: Matt Dossett
Not to be THAT guy, but Chance transferred after spring practice in May 2019. He had the chance to win the job after Brent left and didn't.

He didn't transfer because he was buried on the depth chart behind Brent. He signed in 2018, redshirted in 2018, and didn't win the battle in 2019.
Perhaps the argument can be made - and sustained - that MT went with the wrong QB. Perhaps if Nolan got the job, MT would have Nolan AND O'Hara.

But Chance didn't leave because of Brent.

regardless it is another blown and missed evaluation on what appears to be a great QB.

He only threw for 38 TD's and 300+ yards per/game at Saddleback......

I wonder if he can help Oregon St. win a conference championship just like how AJ Erdely helped UAB win one.......

regardless it is another blown and missed evaluation on what appears to be a great QB.

He only threw for 38 TD's and 300+ yards per/game at Saddleback......

I wonder if he can help Oregon St. win a conference championship just like how AJ Erdely helped UAB win one.......
Well, the signed him. So they evaluated him correct. He (Nolan) saw a better opportunity elsewhere. That's fine.

Same for Erdely.

Nature of the beast. Can't fault a kid for wanting to play.

Yeah they signed him and then buried him on a depth chart so of course he is gonna leave. Sounds like Chance believed he was good enough to start and now that all the chips have settled, I have to agree with him on this one.

I'll take a 6'2, 200 pound QB with film like Chance all day long over O'hara. Go look at Chances film from Saddleback. He is the real deal. We are not talking 2 minutes of highlights either. He has 10+ minutes of just dime after dime. Huge arm, great accuracy, great size. Everything you want in a starting QB.

The QB position has been so mismanaged outside of Brent Stockstill since, really, Logan Kilgore. We've missed on so many kids and then when we do finally find a player like Chance Nolan he gets away because we chose to start Asher instead.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT