ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Looking at hoops recruiting

Nice write up on these prospects but not much new if you've been keeping up.
Gotta think it's going to be hard to get any of these, more than one I would be ecstatic. Most of these would be immediately penciled in as starters, several have "difference maker" profiles.

Venturing a guess here, JUCOs on CNM target list suggests that he knows something better change pronto.

Reactions: Raiders_55
FYI it appears that one of the three JUCO guards offered (Demarcus Sharp) recently has committed to Missouri State. He was, if offer lists are compared (and accurate), apparently the least impressive prospect of the three.

Speaking of Missouri State guards.. Unfortunate that Tyrik Dixon tore his labrum in January and missed the rest of this year due to injury/surgery..

Recruiting in general going to be even tougher since no campus visits are allowed until ????

Looking through transfer portal stuff- found this to be interesting: Transfer Rankings - the 2 redshirts made the rankings list of those eligible in 2020-21, hopefully that translates to something tangible next year..

Reactions: C-Bow
Thanks for the link: Agreed that we have to hope that both the transfers and signee Fussell will bring a lot to the roster.
Based on your connections, research, or just speculation do you expect any other MT BkB recruiting news before the April 15th signing period begins after we see Houston's commitment this afternoon (whether MT gets him or not).

They certainly appear to be respectable transfer additions to the team. That is one of the main reasons I was surprised to see a JUCO PG as a recent key target. With the severe shortage of frontcourt players with commiserate size being a glaring repeated problem most of the season, I had hoped to see more PF/C types in the 6-8+ range added with the limited slot/s left available.

Admittedly, the current C signee is a good start. Hopefully some good news arrives this afternoon on the highly touted PF. That would be a big boost.

Adding another guard if another slot is even available just has been somewhat of a head scratcher with some seemingly good guards already waiting in the wings.

Thanks for the link: Agreed that we have to hope that both the transfers and signee Fussell will bring a lot to the roster.
Based on your connections, research, or just speculation do you expect any other MT BkB recruiting news before the April 15th signing period begins after we see Houston's commitment this afternoon (whether MT gets him or not).
After Houston, the other guys high on the board are JC point guard Rudi Williams and Combo guard Keon Ellis. Going to be tough sledding with those guys, particularly Rudi who has a bunch of offers. I’m willing to bet there are guys down the board I’m not aware of yet. I’ll keep you posted

Trying to get any recruit to commit without visiting campus makes things hard to say honestly... I think the staff really want to ensure that the guard play is solid AND with solid backups, which has not been the case these past 2 years, so the emphasis on guard play resonates with me personally.. if Houston commits I think MT still needs at least one more solid guard

Trying to get any recruit to commit without visiting campus makes things hard to say honestly... I think the staff really want to ensure that the guard play is solid AND with solid backups, which has not been the case these past 2 years, so the emphasis on guard play resonates with me personally.. if Houston commits I think MT still needs at least one more solid guard

Personally, I would like to see more size and strength in the frontcourt. Even so, I understand the need and desire for high quality guards particularly PGs that can handle and distribute the rock in addition to running the team while on the floor. I don't have an argument over wanting high quality guards.

I also think there is something to be said for getting the absolute best and most talented and athletic player on your team regardless of position needs. Superior players will make your team better regardless of positions. With that in mind, it would make more sense to me to pick up another guard if said guard is downright impressive with superior talent. I'd be really good with that.

I'm also saying if it's a 2 star PF vs a 2 star PG with both possessing average to above average abilities, I would definitely take the PF right now. Now it it's a PG with 3 or even 4 star skills vs a 2 star PF, then I'd say take that PG.

Reactions: kingaling42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT