ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Let's talk the 2023 season...

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Obviously we are a ways out, but figured we could have some water cooler discussion on here.

Interesting storylines

***Replacing Lane***
It's going to be intriguing to see what happens with the portal going forward. Do they add a guy or just bank on the others in the WR room to elevate their play?

***QB?***
Is it Kyle Lowe, Devin Riles, or the new guy and JC product, Ren Hefley. Should be an interesting spring and fall competition.

***Just how hard does the staff hit the portal? ***

I think there are some glaring needs, one of which being the offensive line. IMO they NEED to address this area

***Two SEC games first two weeks***
Obviously the Bama game is a body bag game. Then there is Missouri...Could this be another Miami deal?

***New teams***

MT will face NMSU and Sam Houston State, new members of the conference.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Vattiato does not need to be the starter. Seems like more of what have had the past few years.

I would like to see what Lowe or Riles can do.

I think it is Vatiatto's to lose. Let's put it that way.

I also think Mizzou is a winnable game and 100% think we should treat Bama differently. I mean we can play with them the first 20min or so but their depth will just wear our guys down. Once they get ahead....and they will....throw in some other guys. See what happens. Use the 2nd half kind of like a scrimmage. Don't kill our main guys when Mizzou is winnable and Murray is a must win to save face.

OL absolutely freaking absolutely needs to be addressed in the portal. Find some big 350# P5 guys and go get them. Immediate playing time.

Knowing Stock, I think he will let the WRs work themselves out. He should go find a 6'5 plus guy with a huge vertical who can make the grabs to save our QB who will be running for his life if the OL isn't fixed.

I'm gonna hold off on a record prediction and see how spring goes.

If I had to guess I think we go 6-6. Two P5 games is brutal and while I think we could win against Missouri, I wouldn’t put money on it. 5-4 or 4-5 vs peer institutions is what we should expect and I think we should win against Murray. I’d set the O/U at 5.5

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I think it is Vatiatto's to lose. Let's put it that way.

I also think Mizzou is a winnable game and 100% think we should treat Bama differently. I mean we can play with them the first 20min or so but their depth will just wear our guys down. Once they get ahead....and they will....throw in some other guys. See what happens. Use the 2nd half kind of like a scrimmage. Don't kill our main guys when Mizzou is winnable and Murray is a must win to save face.

OL absolutely freaking absolutely needs to be addressed in the portal. Find some big 350# P5 guys and go get them. Immediate playing time.

Knowing Stock, I think he will let the WRs work themselves out. He should go find a 6'5 plus guy with a huge vertical who can make the grabs to save our QB who will be running for his life if the OL isn't fixed.

I'm gonna hold off on a record prediction and see how spring goes.
Agree on Mizzou. I mean Middle did spoil their homecoming a few years ago

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
One question has been addressed. Lane gone but they added Holden from USF, Olsen from UNC and Kelani from GT

MT at Alabama -37 via draft kings
I think that is a bit much. Fully expecting over 20pts though. We will be within a TD start of 2nd qtr or halfway through it, then downhill from there.

I just want to see us make some plays. Not get fully manhandled. To me this is an opportunity to try some crazy stuff.

Reactions: ewglenn
Two P5 OOC makes 5-7 / 6-6 / 7-5 seem like the most likely outcome for Mr. .500 himself.

After spoiling homecoming a few years ago, I don't think MT sneaks up on Mizzou. And after loosing to ULM early in his tenure at Bama (IIRC, Saban calls it his worse loss as HC), I don't think Bama final score is close.

Seriously considering going to Liberty. Under 3hrs. In all the away games I've been to, I've never actually sat with other Blue Raiders and bought tickets through the school.

Seriously considering going to Liberty. Under 3hrs. In all the away games I've been to, I've never actually sat with other Blue Raiders and bought tickets through the school.
Liberty is a good time. I use to have season tickets there so if you need suggestions let me know.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT