ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Lady Raiders picked 1st, Wheeler as POY

Couple things I would like to see. More of Scott on the floor. She's talented, & has shown the ability to score. Also would like to see coach experiment with 2 bigs in the post. Boldyreva is not a great rebounder, but has some good moves around the basket for someone 6' 6". If the 6' 5" Russian could play beside Boldyreva on the blocks not only would it help team rebounding, but better chances for our guards to lob some passes down low. Especially for when the 3's aren't dropping.
Nice honor for Wheeler as a preseason selection POY. Not to criticize her, but would like more consistency. 1 night she could score 27, the next 3. Can't spite her for her bravery though. Never seen someone go so strongly on a drive to the basket to pick up a hard foul. Seems like she takes 4 or 5 hard falls practically every game.

I love Savannah Wheeler and admire her grit but IMO the conductor that drives this Lady Raider train is Courtney Whitson. If we win, and I think we will, she is the MVP.

Reactions: TruBluCop
Listened to WGNS sports podcast Monday evening. Host Jeff Jordan commented he confirmed with CRI that Boldyreva has officially grown an inch & is now 6' 7". Her & the new 6' 5" addition should give us the best interior length in program history. He also reported that Lady Raiders season tickets sales are ahead of last year's pace. Positive news on all fronts.

I upgraded to the men/women combo season tickets this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT