ADVERTISEMENT

La Tech series canceled

Blue Raider Lightning

Blue Raider Fan
Jul 31, 2005
Per an email:
Basketball games involving the Middle Tennessee men's and women's basketball teams against Louisiana Tech this weekend have been canceled, officials at both schools announced Friday.

The cancellations are prompted due to extreme weather conditions in northeast Louisiana preventing air travel in or out of the area.

The Blue Raiders were scheduled to host Louisiana Tech's men, while the Lady Raiders were originally scheduled to play in Ruston this weekend.

.....looks like that ticket refund just got a little larger.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
Was looking forward to having 8 hours of "appointment TV" for the M& W's games while watching the snow and ice melt. Enough with the cabin fever. Oh, well.

What with the ever decreasing number of games due to Covid, and now the weather, I've gotta think that when I add up the cost of CUSA TV and ESPN+ during BkB season the cost per game will be close to what tickets would have cost under normal conditions.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Belmont continues to wreak havoc in the OVC at 24-1 with a 3-game lead over 2nd place Morehead St. Haven’t cancelled a single game due to Covid. TSU rescheduled one game with the Bruins from 12/2 to 12/18.

Meanwhile Belmont continues to wreak havoc in the OVC at 24-1 with a 3-game lead over 2nd place Morehead St. Haven’t cancelled a single game due to Covid. TSU rescheduled one game with the Bruins from 12/2 to 12/18.

I often wonder if many of those connected to the OVC schools with long-term history at the D-1 level in basketball wouldn't like to revisit the decision to admit a private school without football into their conference.

Last edited:
I often wonder if many of those connected to the OVC schools with long-term history at the D-1 level in basketball wouldn't like to revisit the decision to admit a private school without football into their conference.

That's why Jax St and EKU are bouncing

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
Jax State's move may be somewhat proximity related but if EKU's move is primarily because of Belmont's unfair advantages in basketball they may be jumping from the "frying pan into the fire". IMHO Falwell U's advantage in all sports far outweighs Belmont's basketball advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT