ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin to Ole Miss

Wondering what the impact will be on today's cusa ccg? FAU favored going in, but the news that kiffin is leaving is sure to have an impact. Not that kiffin cares.

I would not recommend that CM and DB launch any more direct mail campaigns or conduct dialing for dollar telethons by student athletes asking for donations until coaching changes are made and announced.
Not sure what you are referring to? Though we live out-of-state, we are long-time season ticket holders in FB & the 2 B-ball programs. And BRAA members too. Though this last year I specifically directed which sports received the $$$. The only contact, via mail or phone, we have received was a hand written thank you note from a Lady Raider athlete. We get weekly email game day info during that sports season. That’s it.
I know there is some love on this board for DB, and will admit, anyone would be an upgrade over who we have. That said, DB has been around 16+ months. He sent out a long-winded letter when first hired, that’s the last I heard from him. If his job title includes development $$$, shouldn’t he be in regular contact with people who regularly support the program?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Re : Development

I wonder if BRAA / MT's development efforts are more focused on building relationships with more substantial donors rather than cultivating a culture of giving by all supporters of the programs and institution

It's a completely different approach than the school I attended for two years of my undergrad. A few years ago, they had the highest participation rate of "giving" by alumni in the nation (almost 65%).

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I would not recommend that CM and DB launch any more direct mail campaigns or conduct dialing for dollar telethons by student athletes asking for donations until coaching changes are made and announced.

I spent a True Blue Level donation amount of money on a bottle of whisky today. Of course, Pappy 23 vs giving a dime to support mediocre Massaro et al.... it was an easy choice

I think I might open this bad boy up when MT win’s the conference in football. So I my son may inherit an unopened bottle when he is 21.....in 19 years.

I'm in my late sixties and I am hoping I get to see one football championship before I die, but I'm afraid I won't outlive Rick Stockstill's contract.

69411143_1407139992758106_4573444037645697024_n.jpg

one year as a sun belt head coach and he's now an $ec coach...

That's what happens when you beat North and South Carolina, keep your team in the top 25, win a conference championship and 11 games. That dude is a big upgrade but he will take the rest of Appy's staff that Satterfield left there for Drinkwitz to win with. Appy st. is gonna have a bare cupboard now unless they throw some major cash.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you beat North and South Carolina, keep your team in the top 25, win a conference championship and 11 games. That dude is a big upgrade but he will take the rest of Appy's staff that Satterfield left there for Drinkwitz to win with. Appy st. is gonna have a bare cupboard now unless they throw some major cash.

and yet, it won't surprise me at all, if App wins.3 conference championships before MT wins its first cusa championship in football

I'm calling it on Drinkwitz that they are way overestimating his abilities. I really don't know anything about the guy, but 1 year in charge of a Sun Belt team is a huge gamble for Missouri to hire him. He wasn't even responsible for a full recruiting class. So coaching another coaches players and he coached a limited number of games at a lower level.

I predict that will not end well. Maybe it works, but it's way too much of a gamble.

Reactions: mtfblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT