ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Ken Burns series on country music

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Just wondering about the late MT professor, Dr. Charles Wolfe, who was a well respected scholar on country music (and author of several books on the subject). When alive he was the "go to" expert on the history of country music.

Was he given any credit or quoted at any time on the Ken Burns series; of which I've only seem bits and pieces?

(I'm always looking for anyone connected to MT to get a little credit for themselves and by extension, the school.)

Just wondering about the late MT professor, Dr. Charles Wolfe, who was a well respected scholar on country music (and author of several books on the subject). When alive he was the "go to" expert on the history of country music.

Was he given any credit or quoted at any time on the Ken Burns series; of which I've only seem bits and pieces?

(I'm always looking for anyone connected to MT to get a little credit for themselves and by extension, the school.)

I've seen most of it and I don't recall any instance of it. I was thinking of him as I watched the segments. But to be fair that was quite a bit I though that deserved coverage that was overlooked, but they chose to paint a picture of other things going on at the time that really didn't contribute to the story, IMO, but then going in knowing it was Ken Burns I knew what I was getting.

ADVERTISEMENT