ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Just a little puzzled that . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . there has been no mention on this board of MT having a starter (if you count kicking teams) on each team in the Super Bowl. IIRC that's the first time that has ever happened.
Could it be you were as fearful as I was that either Ward or James would make a huge game deciding mistake and didn't want jinx them? (James mishandling his first touch could have been disastrous early).
For those who paid attention last night (I couldn't since I was at a party where the game was incidental) was MT ever mentioned prior or during the game?

. . . there has been no mention on this board of MT having a starter (if you count kicking teams) on each team in the Super Bowl. IIRC that's the first time that has ever happened.
Could it be you were as fearful as I was that either Ward or James would make a huge game deciding mistake and didn't want jinx them? (James mishandling his first touch could have been disastrous early).
For those who paid attention last night (I couldn't since I was at a party where the game was incidental) was MT ever mentioned prior or during the game?
They mentioned both Ward and James several times as they made plays but I don't recall them ever mentioning where they went to school.

I saw Richie bobble that punt. It reminded me that he did that a number of times when he was here. I was kind of surprised to learn that was his job with the 49ers, because I remembered all of that. I thought maybe he'd been coached up and worked on his return game. Sure enough, first one. I'm sure it was just one of those freak things, because it seems like the fans really like him and from all accounts has done a good job. I was really hoping one of our guys could have made a HUGE play, but proud of the representation nonetheless.

Reactions: MT Glenn
This past Saturday, a friend and I were talking about the three MT players and she noted about all the representation plus Kevin Byard and with more than a little sarcasm remarked that with the players playing at such a high level, it's surprising the MT football team didn't do better during their time under CRS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT