ADVERTISEMENT

jackson state

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Sept 5, 2015

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/27607609/jackson-state-releases-2015-football-schedule

This post was edited on 12/11 6:06 PM by SpaceRaider

Yeah baby, way better than UT. LOL. Better than Savannah St. but not by much. This game is a waste really. No one will be excited to attend it. We'd been better off getting a local like TSU. At least it would be well attended.

Originally posted by blueraiderJT:
Yeah baby, way better than UT. LOL. Better than Savannah St. but not by much. This game is a waste really. No one will be excited to attend it. We'd been better off getting a local like TSU. At least it would be well attended.
tsu f'd MT over back in 2012, iirc, had to schedule mcneese state at last minute. In my mind that disastrous game still hurts turnout.

I'd just as soon not play tsu in any sport. F'em.

Originally posted by blueraiderJT:
Playing UT, Alabama, and then Illinois one right after the other is a bad, bad idea.

Gotta get those 6 wins to be bowl eligible somewhere! Lord knows it won't be against any of the competitive teams on our schedule....

This post was edited on 12/11 8:01 PM by sWiley

Originally posted by RaiderDoug:

...Playing UT, Alabama, and then Illinois one right after the other is a bad, bad idea.
yep.

Having Jackson State didn't prevent MT from playing utk in LP field. Signing to play at Alabama for a million and a half eliminated any lee way. Needed a home game. Imagine the gnashing of teeth if we only had 5 home games next season.

Playing a 1aa/fcs is something that is going to happen most years for MT. Get used to it. Three of the four teams in the playoffs played 1aa/fcs teams this season.

last night, I was scanning twitter, and the leader of a MT student organization was tweeting about Jackson State being his dream team and he would be sitting with the jsu fans cheering the tigers... #trueblue

dnj article:

Conference USA schedule will be released in February.

2015 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
•Sept. 5, 2015: vs. Jackson State
•Sept. 12, 2015: at Alabama
•Sept. 26, 2015: at Illinois
•Oct. 3, 2015: vs. Vanderbilt

2015 non-conference schedule set

Personally, I think that's a great schedule, and I don't see why people are complaining.

We have 2 winnable G5 games, a money game, and a cupcake to tune up with.

That's how i'd have my OOC schedule every year.

I look at it and think 1-3 *hopefully*

Originally posted by RaiderDoug:
Personally, I think that's a great schedule, and I don't see why people are complaining.

We have 2 winnable G5 games, a money game, and a cupcake to tune up with.

That's how i'd have my OOC schedule every year.

I think the OOC schedule is pretty solid actually. Nothing to gripe about there. 2 fairly winnable games, a "should win" game and a money game. Could be alot worse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think the OOC schedule is pretty solid actually. Nothing to gripe about there. 2 fairly winnable games, a "should win" game and a money game. Could be alot worse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Its Jackson State not Jacksonville State. They are a step below TSU. It should be a cakewalk. I will jump on the fire the coach bandwagon if we lose that one.

This post was edited on 12/13 8:57 AM by TeKEraider

Originally posted by TeKEraider:
Its Jackson State not Jacksonville State. They are a step below TSU. It should be a cakewalk. I'll will jump on the fire the coach bandwagon if we lose that one.
yep. Don't particularly like sagarin ratings for football but looking at it for this completed season, Jackson State finished 234 out of 252 fbs and fcs teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT