ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Jackson on C-USA All-Freshman Team

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Jackson on C-USA All-Freshman Team

...Jackson is the third Blue Raider to be named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team in seven seasons as a member of the league, joining Blue Raider great Giddy Potts (2015) and Tyrik Dixon (2017).....

I was looking at Reggie Upshaw's bio yesterday, and found no mention of it, does anyone know if Upshaw was all-freshman his first season?

Jackson on C-USA All-Freshman Team

...Jackson is the third Blue Raider to be named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team in seven seasons as a member of the league, joining Blue Raider great Giddy Potts (2015) and Tyrik Dixon (2017).....

I was looking at Reggie Upshaw's bio yesterday, and found no mention of it, does anyone know if Upshaw was all-freshman his first season?
He was not all-freshman and he never even got CUSA freshman of the week. In his defense he started alongside Tweety Knight, Kerry Hammonds, Neiko Hunter, and Shawn Jones. He was not really relied on much.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Good for him. Hoping he hits it hard this off season and comes ready to play next season. That kid can be great here at MT.

As I was doing some research on if Reggie Upshaw made the CUSA freshman team I looked at who did that year. There was one player from Rice who would be a good example on why some players need to think twice about transferring when big schools come calling. His name is Sean Obi. I remember seeing him as a Freshman and telling my wife he will likely transfer to a bigger conference school.

2013-14 Rice
Started 29 of 30 games: 11.4 pts 9.8 rbs
2014-15: Transfer year
2015-16 Duke
Started 0 games, played in 10: 0.5 pts 1 rb
2016-17: Transfer year
2017-18 Maryland
Started 0 games, played in 21: 1.4 pts 1.9 rbs

There is no telling what that guy could have done if he had stayed at Rice. Maybe his freshman year was a fluke, but players need to understand more than the name on the front of the jersey.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT