ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Interesting article from The Athletic

The only downside to me would be that “buy games” would go away and obviously that’s a big deal monetarily and I’m sure small school players like the opportunity to play in large and full stadiums at Michigan for example.

But I’d guess the TV contract would be much more lucrative.

I’d love to know how it would affect recruiting. Because you’re essentially admitting you are a level down - basically FCS 2.0, but the opportunity to play on national TV more couldn’t hurt.

Reactions: Raiders_55
No way to do it unless the NFL draft moves to Memorial Day Weekend to help with playoffs. So G5 and FCS will and would be the same level. If you look at Athletic Budgets a lot of FCS schools have bigger or just as big budgets as G5. Deleware for instance is over 50 million.

I love it. We are not recruiting from the same talent pool as power 5 anyway. We would get the same level recruits and much more exposure and we would have football almost year round. We could also maybe win a championship and have playoffs. I love it. Only downside is losing the power 5 games which are fun. The money would likely be a wash. Bigger tv contracts, fewer payday games.

I love it. We are not recruiting from the same talent pool as power 5 anyway. We would get the same level recruits and much more exposure and we would have football almost year round. We could also maybe win a championship and have playoffs. I love it. Only downside is losing the power 5 games which are fun. The money would likely be a wash. Bigger tv contracts, fewer payday games.
Basically how I feel. And I tend to believe we’d get a slightly higher level of recruit - simply because of the added TV help and I’d bet a lot of non qualifiers could sign in the Spring.

Reactions: MTLynn
ADVERTISEMENT