ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL If you go to Iowa City for the game . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . there are a couple of things you must experience (one of which I wish MT could emulate).

All college FB fans are aware of the wave to the children on the top floors of the children's hospital. But the location of this hospital adjacent to the stadium (both are the largest in the state IIRC) brings about immense problem with parking for a B10 football game. This is solved by the fortuitous location of a railroad running within a couple hundred yards of the stadium. You must either ride the Hawkeye Express (a dedicated full-sized train which runs a short route several times per game from a nearby mall area) or stand over the bridge over the train track to watch fans arriving for or leaving after the game. A sight unlike anything else in college FB. Really neat to see.

Another event at Iowa games which could be done at MT if we had full crowds since we don't seem to be close to getting rid of the 4 letter moniker is when cheerleaders with huge I-O-W-A flags position themselves in each corner of the stadium. Each quarter of the stadium cheers their letter around the stadium several times. It brings chills to me imagining we has enough fan support to do M-T-S-U similarly.
Of course, I would much prefer we didn't have a 4 letter moniker)

ADVERTISEMENT