ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL If you could add one former MT player to the 2019 roster?

How about one at each position?

QB - Clint Marks...my boy
RB - I'Tavius Mathers (We need a good 3rd down and versatile back to combo with Mobley's power)
TE - Stephen Chicola (Caught everything thrown his way)
WR - Kerry Wright (We need a burner)
OL - Franklin Dunbar (Always a solid LT and never got the credit he deserved)
DL - Erik Walden (Tough choice here. Trevor Jenkins would have been great but we need a good DE more)
LB - D.J. Sanders
DB - Kevin Byard (rotate Blankenship or Moffit to corner)
Special Teams - Colby Smith!

How about one at each position?

QB - Clint Marks...my boy
RB - I'Tavius Mathers (We need a good 3rd down and versatile back to combo with Mobley's power)
TE - Stephen Chicola (Caught everything thrown his way)
WR - Kerry Wright (We need a burner)
OL - Franklin Dunbar (Always a solid LT and never got the credit he deserved)
DL - Erik Walden (Tough choice here. Trevor Jenkins would have been great but we need a good DE more)
LB - D.J. Sanders
DB - Kevin Byard (rotate Blankenship or Moffit to corner)
Special Teams - Colby Smith!

Good idea!

Have to go with Kerry Wright.

Clint had a noodle arm from what I remember. I'll take Dasher over him.

Freshly minted Blue Raider Hall of Famer Tony Burse. 1985 OVC Champion on our last undefeated (regular season team) and back when MT was #1 (for a time) in America. A former NFL and CFL player; he belongs on this team! He gives us Championship spirit from our glory days!!

Maybe not the best player, but would love to have Reggie Doucet back. He was one cool dude with an infectious personality who left this earth way too soon.

Maybe not the best player, but would love to have Reggie Doucet back. He was one cool dude with an infectious personality who left this earth way too soon.

Man I miss that guy. You’re so right, too - from a personality perspective I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who could match his. Damn shame what happened to him although thankfully his family, and more importantly his daughter, were finally able to see some justice in the case.

Richie James for his speed and Christopher Scott for his sheer determination. C Scott is a famous influencer but never forgot his roots at MT. My man had one of the strongest motors on the field, just did not know the word quit.

ADVERTISEMENT