ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL I’m in for TSU and Duke

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Bought single game tickets today for TSU and Duke.....

Will evaluate for the rest of the season and see how it goes after these two performances. Michigan and Iowa are not factors for me.

That is the problem with our fans. Supporting them when they win and not when they don't. Textbook fair-weather. The only thing not wrong with our athletics is the players. Only ones that are committed fully and do their part to the best of their ability no matter what. Our administration and fans leave little to be desired.

That is the problem with our fans. Supporting them when they win and not when they don't. Textbook fair-weather. The only thing not wrong with our athletics is the players. Only ones that are committed fully and do their part to the best of their ability no matter what. Our administration and fans leave little to be desired.
Yawn. I didn’t miss a single home game in 2010 and 2011 when the wheels came off after NOLA ‘09.

Alright gents, I've been waiting a LONG time for this year, in the simple fact that my son is now 5 and I feel like he can FINALLY sit STILL for a game and watch it with me. I am so excited to have a dad/son day and bring him to the Duke game. We're a few hours away and he has a younger sister, so we cant make every home game, but I dont want to miss another year of him watching his dad get way into a game. I am hoping to rope in a legacy here as both mom and dad went to MT (masters for her).

This being said, dads who have brought a 5 year old with just you....pointers?

Alright gents, I've been waiting a LONG time for this year, in the simple fact that my son is now 5 and I feel like he can FINALLY sit STILL for a game and watch it with me. I am so excited to have a dad/son day and bring him to the Duke game. We're a few hours away and he has a younger sister, so we cant make every home game, but I dont want to miss another year of him watching his dad get way into a game. I am hoping to rope in a legacy here as both mom and dad went to MT (masters for her).

My kids were young in the early days of our 1-A adventure, so in 2000 I had a 1 year old daughter and 5 year old son - we took them unless it was crazy cold. They both grew up at Floyd and the Murph. The 1 year old is now a 20 year old and who is a JR at MT. During BB season, she sits with me and her mom still. Both our kids are fans.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

I started taking my boy when he was in a stroller. Get there a bit early so he can play in the bounce house and things like that. Those things are very kncrowded at halftime so they will barely get on them. Have a buck or two for the balloon guy, he does a great job, and again before the game is better, at halftime the line is crazy. Also look at promotions, sometimes they have kid friendly events outside the stadium before the game. During the game its fun to explain things, he may already know like what 1st and 10, 2nd and 5 ect means, and why the crowd (if there is one) gets excited when the other team has the ball and its 3rd and 3

Reactions: SpaceRaider

Won't be as easy as you hope. You'll spend a lot of time at the bounce houses, the bathroom, and the in the line for the balloon guy. (Don't wait on that, they mean it when they say he's made his last balloon and you don't want your kid to not get a balloon once he's seen them!)

So relax, have fun with him, and remember it's about the memories you'll both have. Not about watching the game so much.

I started taking my girls with me to games when they turned 4. A few years later they were going to all the games with me. My oldest is almost 10, and to her it's a drama keeping up with the players. She loves a crowd anyway. Definitely a must to get there early for the bounce houses. The new family fun zone is going be be bigger and in a location where you can continue to watch the game better while they jump. I'd also recommend taking your son under the concourse where the players queue up before they come out before the game, and over by Lightning's Locker Room after the game. My kids always love high fiving the players and getting a response from them. Also, if you have binoculars, bring then and break them out if he starts getting board. That reinvigorates interest during slow times and let's them explore the place without moving much.

Welcome to life and reality.

Reactions: MTTim and MTOleBlue
Oh lord...

ADVERTISEMENT