ADVERTISEMENT

Huge gut check win!

DABLUERAIDERS

Blue Raider
Sep 19, 2007
Another entertaining game at home at Floyd today! Boys competed their tails off. What can we do to get more folks in the stands? Feel bad for such a solid team to have to play in front of such garbage attendance. They deserve better!!!!

Another entertaining game at home at Floyd today! Boys competed their tails off. What can we do to get more folks in the stands? Feel bad for such a solid team to have to play in front of such garbage attendance. They deserve better!!!!

You must be new...

Reactions: MTOleBlue

The simple answer is MT needs to keep winning.

Saturday’s 50-17 win was excellent , but Charlotte awaits and we cannot afford any more slip ups this year. Still could earn a championship thanks to Western’s loss to Marshall that opened the door a little. Still need considerable help to make Championship Game since we already have two conference losses.

A front loaded schedule on average C-USA talent leaves no room for error in November with a 3-5 record/2-2 conference—either championships or bowl. Unfortunately, sidewalk alumni are inclined to tune us out (whether fair or not). That precarious position is all too familiar for Blue Raider Football. Hoping for a great finish that continues on Saturday! That’s all we can ask right now.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
We never have won consistently, and then when we have record crowds we lay an egg. I wonder if you checked home attendance vs. W-L record what it would be.

That was a very nice win. Stock has a poor history against teams with winning records and the team absolutely caught fire in the 3rd quarter.

In all fairness, it’s going to take a significant change, albeit culture on campus, a long-term winning streak or a coaching change to create a buzz.

I don’t see attendance changing significantly this year.

I have always thought MT should require traditional freshman to live on campus and not have cars. I think our AD needs to engage with our Greek system better to get those students to all games. I think we should give free tickets to Rutherford county students and adjoining counties more often.

I think we should have a point system for students that attend and buy concessions at games for rewards at the bookstore or in the athletic department.

And our AD needs to make an actual effort through the alumni association and BRAA for regional associations. Our efforts suck - still waiting on that call back from last year on the Atlanta chapter.

All those things would help attendance. Or maybe starting 8, 9 or 10 - 0.

but since none of that is going to happen, this team will be lucky to get 10,000 seats in butts (actual) this year and nothing is going to change that.

Look, I'm taking it one game at a time. The program needs to get it's crap together and that's not my responsibility. I don't get paid to do that. They do. I saw improvement on Saturday and believe it or not, I saw improvement vs. UNT too. We came up short thanks to a blocked punt and bad special teams.

What I liked is that we were motivated vs. FIU. There were former players (NFL guys) on the sidelines and the players were sparked by that. FIU dismantled Charlotte 3 weeks ago. So FIU is a good team. We got our confidence back in the 3rd and the coaches stopped forcing Asher to throw and said "do what you do" and we rip off 50 points and nearly 500 rushing yards. I saw real run blocking. I saw pulling guards doing their thing and I saw OL playing their gap responsiities to a higher level. We can be a good team if the coaches just let the players do what they do. Asher is a triple option QB. Forcing him to be a pocket passer is stupid. He's a RB that can pass some. How did Tony make Dasher look like a Heisman guy and not do the same for Asher? Asher is Dasher like but the play calling is so different.

If we can bring that energy to Charlotte and win that game, we can win out. Renoylds is gonna test the secondary to open up Lemay. I say focus on LeMay because Renoylds has to play perfect then and he ain't perfect. If you limit their run game, they fold.

I have a very different take on Asher than most. Frankly, Asher has a more accurate passing game than Dasher did.

Dasher had a cannon though. And the legs of course. To me they are actually more similar on the ground. Both elusive and agile with some fast twitch wiggle. They seem to both have about the same open end speed.

The difference was Dasher had the arm strength but wasn't very accurate. Asher has generally been accurate (3rd qtr UNT excluded) but doesn't have as much arm strength.

Franklin needs give Asher more of the throw it here plays like quick outs, screens, curls with the slot and just move the chains until he gets more comfortable being in the pocket with that occasional deep ball they've added this year. In other words, catch the snap, set feet, and throw. Keep it simple as he continues to learn the position.

I love the 3 back set. Add some option plays and we will get yardage.

I agree with you.

I actually like the 3 back diamond with the QB in the pistol. I think it lets you run the stretch zone, the inside zone read, allows for a triple option, or power running, while at the same time giving flexibility to use motion to create matchups for passing or set up RPOs. It’s just a really nice formation that allows for a wide range of concepts as a complement to the traditional spread TF uses. And we can get into this formation w/o changing personnel.

I think if we get defenses into 3 DL or in a dime personnel to cover the spread, mixing this in w/o subbing actually gives our OL a size advantage (which is incredible) and would allow our OL to hopefully be blocking DBs / second level defenders - which is a win.

Yea I'm not one of those guys, but next season will be legit. VT at home and a pretty winnable OOC.

I honestly can’t wait till that game next year. I work in Hokie country. 30 min from Blacksburg. I’d love to pound em and it’s the perfect year to do it. Fuentes on the hot seat and Bud Foster gone next year. I’ll be there and in Blacksburg in ‘21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT