ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL How Should MT Football Approach 2021?

That’s a great article.

My questions from it:

1. What exactly has Stock accomplished that earned him the right to pick when he leaves? The AD let’s him stay longer than he earned on the field due Massaro’s own lack of requiring more, then he turns around and says Stock has been here so long he gets to pick when he leaves. That’s circular logic.

2. If Massaro has no deal in place, why won’t he leave? What’s his plans? I’m asking for a Festivus miracle- Massaro please retire.

That’s a great article.

My questions from it:

1. What exactly has Stock accomplished that earned him the right to pick when he leaves? The AD let’s him stay longer than he earned on the field due Massaro’s own lack of requiring more, then he turns around and says Stock has been here so long he gets to pick when he leaves. That’s circular logic.

2. If Massaro has no deal in place, why won’t he leave? What’s his plans? I’m asking for a Festivus miracle- Massaro please retire.

Barring a miracle, Stock will have an overall losing record after next season. To me, when it’s year 16 and that happens, that’s an automatic termination.

honestly, at this point he’s only damaging his own legacy.

That’s a great article.

My questions from it:

I’ll answer

1. Stock can choose when to leave because of the albatross of a buyout. Putting my “AD” cap on, there’s no way I set an auto renew at 6 wins, it’d be at least 9 wins and / or conference championship. And, if by reason of insanity, I did approve Stockstill’s contract, I would fire him after next season (only waiting until next season because buyout should be <$100k per month with no offsets).
At this point, keeping Stock costs more than than letting him roam the sidelines until 2025 IMO

2. I don’t see Massaro leaving. And I don’t trust McPhee to make a good hire to replace Massato

I wouldn’t trust McPhee to wipe his own ass. At least that’s his problem. What he’s doing here is an aspersion to every student, alumni, and most especially those of us who are or have been donors. It’s dereliction of duty and the same can be said of the Board for approving and rewarding his atrocious performance.

It’s gonna be hard to find good replacements for our aging burnouts and underperforming staff members. I also doubt our HC has been working the network very hard. With travel limited and the convention going virtual, my confidence in Stock being able to interview and hire some new young talent is extremely low. Except for maybe Brent, I think his center of influence with new young coaches is probably very limited. Sadly, I’ve pretty much written off any interest in MTSU Athletics.
LINK:
“2021 AFCA Convention Will Be Virtual”

Well, maybe Brent and this guy. It’s what we do. “All In The Family” 😂

Turner West - Special Teams

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT