ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL How many fans do you think MT brings for Vanderbilt game?

I wouldn't hazard a guess but would bet my life saving that it will be substantially less that the number which attended the least attended of the first three earlier this century. I would additionally guess that it would be less than the smallest MT crowd for the MT-TSU games in the same stadium when we were still 1-AA.

Shows just how much the MT fan base has exploded (SI) and how little this game means to the average mid-state casual sports fan.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I wouldn't hazard a guess but would bet my life saving that it will be substantially less that the number which attended the least attended of the first three earlier this century. I would additionally guess that it would be less than the smallest MT crowd for the MT-TSU games in the same stadium when we were still 1-AA.

Shows just how much the MT fan base has exploded (SI) and how little this game means to the average mid-state casual sports fan.

The result of poorly coached, poorly prepared, poorly played games the last three times they've played. No excuse for the pathetic display we fans have watched the last three times. I honestly don't expect to see anything different this time.

The result of poorly coached, poorly prepared, poorly played games the last three times they've played. No excuse for the pathetic display we fans have watched the last three times. I honestly don't expect to see anything different this time.

These are my thoughts about the upcoming year. We have been let down time and time again, year after year. I'm honestly expecting the Middle Special this year: 7-6 or 6-7. Extremely mediocre football. There's really no reason to think any differently.

Dave, you and I have been saying this since the 45-0 beat down at home compliments of Hugh Freeze and Arkansas State in 2012. The BRZ boys banned me for predicting it.

Pretty sure that game was on the road, but still unacceptable nonetheless

I forgot this game was Labor Day weekend and told my wife we could go see her cousin in Cincy. Not worth the fight to get out of it. Can’t believe I’ve let myself (and my expectations of our team) go this low.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
If Brent wants to go down as the best Blue Raider QB to don the uniform, he's gonna need to beat both Vanderbilt and WKU this year. He's like, what, 1-6 against those 2 combined?

Local rivalry games are not just "another game on the schedule" - We've gotta start doing better against the locals.

Records are great and certainly accomplishments. But there’s something to be said for being more than just mediocre. The rest of our team isn’t actually that bad, but our coaching leaves plenty to be desired as I think we all know. Maybe this will be the year we beat Vanderbilt. However, we have said that every single year and it hasn’t happened yet. I’m not expecting that to be any different this year. They’re supposed to be terrible. We’re supposed to be pretty good. So naturally the expectation is we will be the underdog, because they are SEC, we will come in thinking we can do good and beat them, and then bad things happen and we all know how our season starts to look. I think we can do it this year, given all the pieces we have, but I’m not holding my breath.

"An athletic director who isn't a dynamic fundraiser in today's college sports world is like a head coach who doesn't recruit."

Interesting, and a somewhat foreign thought (at least in Murfreesboro).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT