ADVERTISEMENT

How did UT, Memphis, Middle Tennessee compare to conference peers for 2016-17 earnings?

Dgy9NN_WsAA-TFl.jpg

Ideally, we want to be up there with Old Dominion or say Memphis (average AAC teams). They always seem to have about 20% more budget. A good goal is to close that gap over the next 5-7 years.

Can't help but feel that with Basketball going into a bit of a re-tooling mode under the new staff, that football will hopefully pick up the slack and become the flagship program for us.

Football is the rising tide that floats all boats - we have to do something to get people excited about football again.

Reactions: C-Bow
Other than winning a CUSA football championship or getting a new coach, I dont know what will get people excited again.

Other than winning a CUSA football championship or getting a new coach, I dont know what will get people excited again.

Well it's time to win a title then considering a new HC is a pipe dream.

Also, beating your rivals (Vandy, WKU) will help as well.

One thing that kills this program is the fact that we are slow starters. Wins in September are worth way more than wins in November. In Sept, people are excited about football, the promise of a big season, etc. It doesn't matter how many games you win in November if you've driven your fans away by week 4 because you're 1-3.

If you leave for the first 2 weeks of October 1-3, and then come back for the Charlotte game on 10/20 and you're 2-4 or 1-5 - why would anyone show up for Charlotte? But come back at 4-2 (lose to UGA and split at Marshall/FIU) and you've got something to sell.

Yes, it's a tough schedule, but the only game I don't think we can win is against UGA. We're 12 years into this coaching staff - like Al Davis said - Just Win Baby.

The Vandy game decides it for me. if we win it, then we're off to a good start. We will be 2-1 going into a bye week before FAU. If we win FAU, then we are 3-1 facing Marshall. If we somehow beat Marshall, then we are title contenders. However, none of that happens without the Vandy win IMO. If we lose the VU game then we are 1-2 facing FAU and Marshall. Even if we split that 2 game matchup, we are 2-3. 2-3 won't excite anyone. It's VU or bust for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT