ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL How backup quarterback Asher O'Hara ended up @ MT

Obviously O'Hara caugh TF eye at camp...and has moved up quickly. If he can be just a threat passing it should open our entire running game.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
He's the QB type Franklin likes the most. Think Haugabook and Dasher. Dual Threat with some passing ability. Ohara did quite well in JUCO.

Reactions: MT-PAIN
Think you will see competition in Spring with Nolan and Shiflett. Stock said they picked up O’Hara because even though it was JUCO he would be the only QB on roster with any college game experience. You may have noticed Shiflett has been on the depth chart all year at the H and Y and has had several receptions and is playing special teams. Noland is from what I hear running scout team. Nolan is more of a prototypical pro style guy and Shiflett is very dynamic athletically. Athletic enough that he is the only true freshman to have played in every game and has done so at WR. If you look at Noland and Shiflett’s film they both can sling it around and are bigger than O’Hara. O’Hara is shifty and gave valiant effort. If Brent’s injury is worse than anticipated and he misses multiple games you will see one of the two begin getting reps at practice. I think O’Hara is the number two for this year and will play if Brent is injured but in the Spring I think all bets are off. Noland.... talented traditional passer not so much a runner. Shiflett.... very athletic and strong and very capable passer. O’Hara ..... smaller but hard nosed and gamey with the ability to scramble and make people miss. No verdict yet on passing .... may improve with reps. One of those three will be the guy next year. Shiflett has burned redshirt year and will be sophomore. O’Hara has played in a couple of games and is currently sophomore ( may or may not redshirt) Noland unless something crazy happens with be redshirt Freshman next year. Will be interesting to watch it play out.

Well, I got about 500 riding on Stock retiring this year. I've also talked with some former players still in touch with the program and they have heard that he's done when Brent leaves. We'll see what happens with the QB situation then.

I don’t think Stock leaves...... Tony Franklin... now that’s a different story. I could see him leaving

Well, I got about 500 riding on Stock retiring this year. I've also talked with some former players still in touch with the program and they have heard that he's done when Brent leaves. We'll see what happens with the QB situation then.
Sure hope so

Hopefully with no animosity, but it would seem like a good move for all parties if coach stock were to retire or seek opportunities elsewhere at the end of this season. I've been hoping for that for a couple-few years now. MT needs an infusion of fresh energy and a reason for fans to come out to Floyd Stadium on gameday. Well, more than just the base or minimal amount of fans in attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT