ADVERTISEMENT

Hope ahead?

Blue Raider Lightning

Blue Raider Fan
Jul 31, 2005
Someone close to the university told me that McPhee is purchasing a $750,000 home in Murfreesboro in anticipation of his retirement to come soon.

Now if this happens we all know he is only part of the problem but right now, any progress is some progress.

Sadly, I have no faith in the TBOR to find a replacement to push us forward. But if it happens soon, at least it's a start.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Someone close to the university told me that McPhee is purchasing a $750,000 home in Murfreesboro in anticipation of his retirement to come soon.

Now if this happens we all know he is only part of the problem but right now, any progress is some progress.

Sadly, I have no faith in the TBOR to find a replacement to push us forward. But if it happens soon, at least it's a start.
It depends on the applicant pool.

Presidents completely set the tone for the university. I’ve seen terrible hires, status quo hires and some completely alter the University structure.

In a perfect world, we do not promote from within, we hit a president that understands how athletic success translates into donations and student attendance. They want their people in VP and the AD role. That gets rid of Massaro and the new AD wants their HC.

That’s how our culture changes. If Stock retires first, M&M will insert another mediocre coach that follows their mediocre mindset. If we promote our next president from within, expect more of the same too.

It can not come soon enough, as far as I am concerned. I would hope that the Board of Trustees would avoid any stupid impulse to add him to the BOT after he's gone.

Retirement soon? As in after his new 5 year contract is up? We can all hope and wish but I’ll file this one under the “believe it when I see it” categories. Gonna be the slowest house build of all time 😂.

ADVERTISEMENT