ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming is the vandy game

Just gave The Dores the most significant "bulletin board material" we could give them and their fans.

Sometimes I just don't understand why some decisions are made in the offices located in The Murph. Both the Homecoming game and the game with VU should have been able to stand on their own.

Maybe they think combining the 2 gives the best shot at getting that first sellout.

Kinda of torn I agree homecoming should be able to stand alone but we need a sell out. I believe the occasional sell out is the only thing that will drive season ticket sales for the casual fan. Right now there is no incentive to by season tix other than to show support. You can walk up day of and get great seats and you are not paying for games you can't attend. However the prospect of bad seats or no seat for the bigger games can make people cough up the price of what are already cheap season tix.
This post was edited on 4/9 9:02 AM by TeKEraider

Originally posted by JohnDavidBlue:
Game should be a sell out. Can't wait!
I'll believe it when I see it, but, if this game doesn't sell-out, we may never sell-out.

I think this is a great idea. Who cares about the bulletin board material, you know, this works both ways. Our guys should be extra pumped about playing homecoming with a large crowd against an SEC team.

I think this makes too much sense to pass up. We have been playing big boy FB since 1998.

I love it. Very smart to put that game for homecoming. Should be good for attendance and an overall good draw.

I don't care about Vandy fans or what they think. Their team is a dumpster fire. We should be the least of their concerns right now.

Originally posted by blueraiderJT:
I love it. Very smart to put that game for homecoming. Should be good for attendance and an overall good draw.

I don't care about Vandy fans or what they think. Their team is a dumpster fire. We should be the least of their concerns right now.
They have talent, the question is if they have coaching. Motivation should be there for both teams. Students, alumni, and casual fans need to make a tough environment. I don't think vandy will bring more than a couple of thousand fans. They could not be bothered to travel down the street to Bridgestone the last time we played them in basketball. There couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred fans rooting for the commode odors. They didn't bring more than four hundred for the baseball game here last
month and they are the defending national champs in that sport.

Vandy fans react:

just gives the 'Dores more of an incentive to win

This post was edited on 4/9 7:53 PM by SpaceRaider

Vandy fans react:

Their message board seems active for this "slow" time of year (of course, they do have the defending NC in BB to keep up with).

I was clearly surprised that one fan admitted that there are some "smarts" on the MT campus and another that our tailgating scene was a surprise to him. Perhaps they are not all jerks. (hey, I knew that - just needed reminding)

Per Twitter from Jason Spray

CCPTea0UwAAW5Kn.jpg:large

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:

They have talent, the question is if they have coaching. Motivation should be there for both teams. Students, alumni, and casual fans need to make a tough environment. I don't think vandy will bring more than a couple of thousand fans. They could not be bothered to travel down the street to Bridgestone the last time we played them in basketball. There couldn't have been more than a couple of hundred fans rooting for the commode odors. They didn't bring more than four hundred for the baseball game here last month and they are the defending national champs in that sport.

Vandy fans react:

just gives the 'Dores more of an incentive to win

This post was edited on 4/9 7:53 PM by SpaceRaider
No question they've got talent. Definitely not a game to overlook.

Have you guys seen their schedule? They might win just one game this year. They start off against WKU. Doughty is gonna murder them. They have a D but their O is worse than the Woody and Dowhower years.

Their coaching is horrible. They have talent but no plan. They let Robinette, their best QB just walk. That guy straight up beat UT and Houston in a bowl game 2 years ago but they pull him after a quarter in the first game? If he walked, that says a lot.

They barely beat UMASS (by 4 points) and Charleston last year (by a point) both wins at home. Mason is a deer in the headlights. I'm serious. He's one of the worst HC's in the game right now. I watched 2 games last year and he had no clue. James Franklin ain't walking through that door. Their spring isn't going all that well either from what I hear.

We play our best ball at our house and this year's team will be better than last year. I like our chances.

This post was edited on 4/11 8:27 AM by blueraiderJT

Have you guys seen their schedule? They might win just one game this year. They start off against WKU. Doughty is gonna murder them. They have a D but their O is worse than the Woody and Dowhower years.

Their coaching is horrible. They have talent but no plan. They let Robinette, their best QB just walk. That guy straight up beat UT and Houston in a bowl game 2 years ago but they pull him after a quarter in the first game? If he walked, that says a lot.

They barely beat UMASS (by 4 points) and Charleston last year (by a point) both wins at home. Mason is a deer in the headlights. I'm serious. He's one of the worst HC's in the game right now. I watched 2 games last year and he had no clue. James Franklin ain't walking through that door. Their spring isn't going all that well either from what I hear.....
yeah, I saw something on their message board that their rivals beat guy had tweeted something about "Hello 1 and 11" then quickly deleted it - this was several days after Robinette made his announcement about quitting football ,I believe, so it was not that as I understand it.

Blockedvandylosesagain.jpg

Yup, After the spring game they had on March 21st and a couple of player defections, Chris Lee, their rivals beat writer accidentally tweeted "Hello, 1-11!" He quickly took it off. LOL.

That dude meets with the team and sees more than anybody. If he's saying that, it's a dumpster fire. Vandy didn't even use all of the spring practice time they could have used. Start late and then finish like 2 weeks ago? Wow. Their S&C program is nothing like Spray's. Not overlooking them. I just don't think they have a clue at all and their team's execution is reflecting that. We'll know what to really expect after Sept. 5th. WKU is gonna march all over them.

Robinette was #1 on their depth chart and had the best day in the spring game. Mason did not expect him to walk. I don't care what anyone says. Robinette is a very smart dude and he knows this team is headed for disaster. I just think they are in a bad downward spiral. Vandy fans seem to think so as well. They actually think we are smart for making that game our homecoming game and think that it will help attendance. I agree. The stage is set. It's time for us to step up and take it. Can't wait.

This post was edited on 4/11 9:10 AM by blueraiderJT

ADVERTISEMENT