ADVERTISEMENT

Hold on to your seat!

TruBluCop

Blue Raider
Jul 26, 2005
I went by Murphy Center today and walked in on something special. The Lady Raiders were having a practice. I can honestly say I saw the most talented Lady Raider team I have ever watched on the floor. We are talking 30 plus years. We have a couple of McDonald All Americans and one MVP. If you want a preview, Sept. 29 is the first real practice. Also all season ticket holders will be treated to a meal "not hotdogs" A MEAL from 12:00 to 1:30 before the Kentucky Game. Beating Kentucky will be the Desert!!! If you want to be a part of something special get your Lady Raider season tickets and hold on to your seat!

I’ve gotten the same impression from the clips Matt Insell has been posting on Twitter. I usually feel pretty good about the team but wow, this year is just a different level. What’s your take on who the MVP is? I’ve got someone in mind from the little I’ve seen but not certain.

Hopefully we can get back to what CRI did in his early years with a pressing defense, good shooting team, and athletes on the floor.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
This year’s team is the most “able” to do it in years...

I think you recruit to a system...especially if you've been at a school for as long as CRI has been at MT. But I do agree with you that this group looks capable of the full court game.

CRI always says the goal is a Final Four... now, we've got the talent to actually win some NCAA games. Can we put it all together? Not saying I expect a Final Four this year, but we're more talented than we've ever been. I bet it's an exciting time to be on the Lady Raiders team -- which has got to help recruiting, as well!

Reactions: MTLynn
We have the speed and we have the athletes as far as a pressing defense I think he could or could just mix it up to confuse teams. As far as MVP that is hard to do when you have a team full of MVP's. This team has everything , kinda like a loaded potato. People will be in shock the first time they hit the floor.

We have the speed and we have the athletes as far as a pressing defense I think he could or could just mix it up to confuse teams. As far as MVP that is hard to do when you have a team full of MVP's. This team has everything , kinda like a loaded potato. People will be in shock the first time they hit the floor.
Makes our first real home game against Kentucky all that more important. They’re #13 in ESPN’s way too early preseason poll. I hope we have a packed house for that one.

Reactions: MTLynn
Makes our first real home game against Kentucky all that more important. They’re #13 in ESPN’s way too early preseason poll. I hope we have a packed house for that one.
This game will set the stage for a great season. Don't think the other coaches don't realize what's coming. This game should load Murphy Center.

Thank God for the Lady Raiders. At least one program at this university is pretty successful and looking promising for the future.

From the few clips Matt Insell has been posting on Twitter, we look like Top 25 caliber team this year...

From the few clips Matt Insell has been posting on Twitter, we look like Top 25 caliber team this year...
If this team is not in the top 25 by end of regular season we never will be. We have more height, speed and scorers than we have ever had before.

If this team is not in the top 25 by end of regular season we never will be. We have more height, speed and scorers than we have ever had before.
You’re right. Well, we have been Top 25 a few times in recent years but this year I think our potential is sky high. I’ve seen some of the posts Matt Insell has been putting on Twitter and some of those moves from Rashika White are a combo of Eb Rowe and Alysha Clark... but with 4 extra inches of height. Excited to see what kind of year she has. Plus our shooting already looks better than last year (expected - we didn’t really have any true sharpshooters leave)

You’re right. Well, we have been Top 25 a few times in recent years but this year I think our potential is sky high. I’ve seen some of the posts Matt Insell has been putting on Twitter and some of those moves from Rashika White are a combo of Eb Rowe and Alysha Clark... but with 4 extra inches of height. Excited to see what kind of year she has. Plus our shooting already looks better than last year (expected - we didn’t really have any true sharpshooters leave)
With White at 6'4",Willock 6'4 who may be better than White, Boothe at 6'3" and Payne at 6'3" this is a scary team. If we can keep them from killing each other in practice we should do "VERY" well this year. We have more shooters and slashers with speed than we have had in a long time. Gonna be an exciting year for Lady Raider Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT