ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hawaii

636177661768702996-stocksill-rick.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
This sucks. Great for the players, crappy for the fans. Cheapest flight from Charlotte to Honolulu is $825. And like my wife would let me go on Christmas anyway. Sorry, but I'm not happy. So much for all the talk of 7-5 putting us in a better position. I was hoping for Myrtle or one of the Bama bowls. Absolutely would've gone to any of those.

It's obvious to me why we continue to be sent to the Bahamas and to Hawaii. It's because the bowl people know there is little enthusiasm for our program amongst the fanbase (me included) and that we won't travel in any great numbers to a bowl game. We don't draw squat even at home. If the bowl game is in the Bahamas or Hawaii there is a built in excuse for us not traveling.

It seems even some associated with the school aren't super happy. Lee is on Twitter trying to calm some fans explaining that the school can give a list of preferred destinations, but that it is up to E$PN and CUSA to who goes where.

That may be 100% true and honestly probably is.

But...

I'd lay money that on the list of preferred locations it looked like this
* Camellia Bowl (ok bowl, good for fans but too close to home. Fans are frustrated. Lots of work to get them to come amd will look bad to ESPN if they don't. Coach Stock already donated money in the past year and probably won't again)
* Boca Raton Bowl (we already control Miami. Don't need to again)
* Hawaii Bowl (President really really wants to go here. He and the AD have shirts already! It's warm, we need a vacation!)
* Myrtle Beach Bowl (do we really want to play on teal green turf?)

And then the decision was made.

Good for them. it may be on CUSA and ESPN where people go, but do we even try? its obvious everything we do if for the players/coaches/staff, not the fans. So have fun out there, i will likely watch, but no money or anything will be given.

Reactions: MT Glenn
This seems suspect to me. If true the conference hates us. Since joining this league, this will be our fourth OCONUS bowl. No one else in the league has more than one. Except UAB who will be making their second trip to Bahamas.

A departing school should be going to Hawaii
I'm not convinced the Admin doesn't advocate for these bowls year in and year out.

This seems suspect to me. If true the conference hates us. Since joining this league, this will be our fourth OCONUS bowl. No one else in the league has more than one. Except UAB who will be making their second trip to Bahamas.

A departing school should be going to Hawaii
This is the thanks MT gets for single-handedly saving CUSA from the junk heap of former D1 conferences.

I'm pretty sure the facebook page is removing any negative posts from their announcement. I saw some removed that were critical.

I don't care where they go. I wouldn't have attended anyway but hopefully they win the bowl and build.....a saying that doesn't carry much weight at all.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I don't buy that shit that CUSA is the main influence in putting MTSU in Hawaii. My suspicion is 7wood had them put us there, and now the mouthpieces are just pointing their finger at CUSA.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I just looked at SDSU schedule. Nothing to brag about. Honestly, MT played a tougher schedule, I think. Winnable game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT