ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Guesses on attendance for UTSA blackout game?

NMSU also would have led CUSA last year in attendance if they were in the league. Las Cruces supports that program big time. I went to NMSU basketball camp when I was 10, was camp MVP for my age group, too.

NMSU also would have led CUSA last year in attendance if they were in the league. Las Cruces supports that program big time. I went to NMSU basketball camp when I was 10, was camp MVP for my age group, too.
Speaking of NMSU their coach got hired away last after ncaa victory. They lost most of the team. However, their new coach Greg Heiar is a killer replacement. Saw him in interview, has the It factor. Has brought in some excellent replacements. Aggies will have minimal if any drop off

I know this is OT, but this thread has already taken a few detours. So speaking of conference desirability, anyone else ever think McPhee may have stepped in when MT was passed over on most recent wave of realignment?

As soon as MT was passed over, McPhee went front and center almost immediately to announce the new facilities. This was the week after the embarrassing failure rather than a few months earlier on something they had already been planning for a year or two. It also appeared McPhee was front and center on rejecting the MAC move. It almost appeared that maybe he had quiet conversations that suggested with the new facilities announcement and investment, MT just might be front and center for an invitation in the next wave that will likely occur within the next couple of years.

I have no inside information to base this on. It is a possible scenario that has crossed my mind. Since I have been highly critical in the monumental failure of MT in recent realignment, I thought I might throw out another slightly less critical speculation at least in regards to McPhee. Anyone else speculate that maybe he stepped in once he realized the ball had been dropped?
I do feel like all of them have a sense of urgency now that had been lacking. what’s the cause? Idk, but they are related.

I know this is OT, but this thread has already taken a few detours. So speaking of conference desirability, anyone else ever think McPhee may have stepped in when MT was passed over on most recent wave of realignment?

As soon as MT was passed over, McPhee went front and center almost immediately to announce the new facilities. This was the week after the embarrassing failure rather than a few months earlier on something they had already been planning for a year or two. It also appeared McPhee was front and center on rejecting the MAC move. It almost appeared that maybe he had quiet conversations that suggested with the new facilities announcement and investment, MT just might be front and center for an invitation in the next wave that will likely occur within the next couple of years.

I have no inside information to base this on. It is a possible scenario that has crossed my mind. Since I have been highly critical in the monumental failure of MT in recent realignment, I thought I might throw out another slightly less critical speculation at least in regards to McPhee. Anyone else speculate that maybe he stepped in once he realized the ball had been dropped?
Anything done by that person that is of benefit to. MT is by pure happenstance - not by design, ingenuity, vision, or strategy. So, no I don’t think that.

Until I see the selection committee pick more then one team from our conference, I am not sold that we are better.

How does it help if we are in a better basketball conference but the usual suspects are going dancing in March?

Until I see the selection committee pick more then one team from our conference, I am not sold that we are better.

How does it help if we are in a better basketball conference but the usual suspects are going dancing in March?
NCAA payouts are more likely

Anything done by that person that is of benefit to. MT is by pure happenstance - not by design, ingenuity, vision, or strategy. So, no I don’t think that.
Interesting the way you put it. Reminds me of an impression that I've been picking up for more than a few years. That is that he loves him some photo opportunities, especially come grammy time.

People knew what was going to happen. It’s hard to sell a mediocre product. I think Miami is just bad this year for a P5.

MT will end the year 6-6 and go to a bowl against a MAC school. Rinse repeat. Success.

Taking a break from this for a bit.

Looked like 10 or 11k. Knew they would announce 15-17k. Some things never change.
This is how every school does it. Announced attendance, which is what matters to the NCAA, is based on paid attendance which is tickets distributed, not tickets scanned.

Did they have cash...
I went to buy water at the TSU game and the wouldn't take cash...

I walked off... VERY FRUSTRATED !!!

I'm the opposite. I moan and groan over places that do take cash. Normally those that only do won't get my business. I despise cash with a passion. Especially at an event with a large crowd I prefer to not even have my wallet.

I'm the opposite. I moan and groan over places that do take cash. Normally those that only do won't get my business. I despise cash with a passion. Especially at an event with a large crowd I prefer to not even have my wallet.
Yes, I hardly ever carry cash now.

ADVERTISEMENT