ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GT WR to MTSU...

Lane replacement?

The portal is going to be a revolving door at our level. We may lose guys from time to time, but the portal has opened up a whole new talent pool that we typically wouldn't have a shot at under the old rules.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Lane replacement?

The portal is going to be a revolving door at our level. We may lose guys from time to time, but the portal has opened up a whole new talent pool that we typically wouldn't have a shot at under the old rules.
Agreed. We will lose some of our top players, but potentially better players from bigger programs will fall through the cracks to us. Kids don't want to ride the bench anymore, so we have a chance to upgrade talent if managed correctly.

I've said it before, but any highly ranked kid with a hometown within 150 miles of MT and is in the portal should get an automatic offer. Some kids just want to get back closer to home.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
nothing bad about him playing D1 football, hell MT didn't even offer the kid 3 miles from campus.

nothing bad about him playing D1 football, hell MT didn't even offer the kid 3 miles from campus.
We did offer. We were in his “final 4” along with Vandy, Louisville and VT.

Not saying you are wrong, but I am highly skeptical of someone deliberately selecting AP over Vandy, Louisville, VT and MT. That just doesn't seem plausible.
I’m in the same boat but that’s directly from his own Twitter account.

My son is a senior at oakland. I just texted him to see if he has any scoop on the decision to go to AP.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT