ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GoMiddle picks MT/FAU

Same person also said for a school located just 2.8 miles from the MTSU Football offices, not a single coach from the current Blue Raider staff has made an appearance. A school that consistently plays for the state title in TSSAA’s largest classification.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
Same person also said for a school located just 2.8 miles from the MTSU Football offices, not a single coach from the current Blue Raider staff has made an appearance. A school that consistently plays for the state title in TSSAA’s largest classification.
This doesn't surprise me. Watching some of these HS playoff games the teams seem better prepared/coached than our so called FBS program.

I haven't seen the FB coaching staff's itinerary but I would bet we haven't had a coach in 10% of the mid-state high schools in the last 12 months. I get so tired of seeing prospects mentioned in the media and their list of school mentioned rarely included MT even if the local players are being recruited by other %$&-majors and lower level power schools.
Murphy and Donnelly seemed to dominate the area in recruiting to our level and our fan base reflected where the players came from. Stockstill seems to have the mindset that he shouldn't have to recruit local players or establish relationships with local high school coaches. I guess when you spent your career before MT at places where kids grow up wanting to go to your school working locally is not required.

I know you guys hate hearing me bring up the school 230 miles to the west but this is like watching deja vu all over again of the last 3 years of Tommy West. He had alienated every local Memphis HS coach except for his buddy, Kevin Locastro formerly at CBHS and loaded the roster with out of town JC players or reject P5 transfer players.

Now, the fastest and best player/deep threat/kick returner on the Memphis Football team (Calvin Austin III) is a walk-on track guy who played at Harding Academy, less than 2 miles from the new Memphis IPF and practice facilities. He runs legit 4.4. Consistently.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
I have been waiting on the CRS press conference! It will be played for years right beside the Tommy West closing presser in the western town. These two guys are average. I am sick of average and watching local kids go elsewhere because we think we are better than. Frankly we should call it a season and deduct some salaries in the football ranks to pay for the covid testing that was a waste of money.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT