ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL ***GoMiddle Hoops Preview***

Watching the team this year should be very different from the past two. On paper, I am very impressed with this team. I can't remember a time when we have had so much height on the team. I am worried about the depth at gaurd though.

Depth at guard? We have tons. Too many guards really. gonna be hard to keep them all happy.

Reactions: Danielhammaker
I am not worried about depth or talent. I am worried if it will materialize into wins or not.

Reactions: Blue_H
after this year we have only 3

6 guards after this year.. Sims is the only graduating senior

Juniors
Shuler, Davis, Jordan, Coffey + Jayce is a combo guy but obviously more suited in the post unless he's developed further

Sophomore
Eli Lawrence, Elias King

King is a 3. Lawrence a 3. Coffey a Senior, Jordan a senior I see Shuler at the 1, maybe Lawrence at 2, then King at 3 for next year?

What am I missing?

King is a 3. Lawrence a 3. Coffey a Senior, Jordan a senior I see Shuler at the 1, maybe Lawrence at 2, then King at 3 for next year?

What am I missing?
Coffey and Jordan are Juniors. King and Lawrence are listed as guards.

What am I missing?

You mentioned guards and those 6 non-seniors are listed as guards on the roster..

That 1 thru 5 nomenclature (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) is a little too rigid for the era of basketball you typically see anymore, even at the pro level- it would be better to think in terms of having a primary (point) guard, 2 wings, and 2 posts (or a stretch forward and a post).. 3 guard lineup w/2 bigs or the various combinations therein.. given the number of juniors I'd expect to see at least one guard targeted in HS recruiting.. but with the transfer portal options you could just take the best 2 recruits this year and roll with it going into the next recruiting cycle when there will be lots of scholarships available..

Last edited:
is the above roster incorrect?

Yes in terms of the guards listed and their current class.

The only roster/class issues I see is that Dishman should be a redshirt senior (listed as R-Junior) and Marcus Mitchell should be a R-Junior (listed as R-Senior) at least in term of overall eligibility- he's a walk-on so perhaps he's set to graduate this year.. I'm not aware of a 6th year exception for Dishman.. I assume that Sims' and Dishman's scholarships are open recruiting slots for next year..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT