ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF: 3-peat at CUSA Championship

When we lost the coach, a couple of outstanding underclassmen, and a highly-touted incoming class to the school up east in 2018 I would have thought that the golf program would be decimated. Winning the next two C-USA titles is very surprising.
Glad to see MT has at least one sport that is self-sustaining.

My biggest regret regarding golf is that none of the promising players from MT have gone on to be on the PGA Tour (I really thought this would happen a decade or so ago when several were doing fairly well in the 2nd division (WEB.com tour at the time IIRC). Disappointing none of them moved up (not sure if any of them are still playing professionally). Just as with Brice Brentz in BB some MT athletes who look like a can't miss players at the highest pro level never make it.

As a followup to my comment as to any MT golfers playing professionally: In Mike Organ's "Midstate Chatter" column in this morning's Tennessean he reported that after two year of shoulder rehab and as assistant coach at MT Kent Bulle has been granted a sponsor's exemption to play in the upcoming Korn Ferry Tour (most recently known as the Web.com Tour) event at The Grove.
I'm sure we all wish him well as he continues to make a name for himself in pro golf.

Although written a year ago a good article available today: pgatour/korn-ferry-tour/leaderboard.html on Kent Bulle. A lot of MT talk about this apparently very loyal alum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT