ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Geeting decommits

Franklin probably trashed us to the family. I still wonder what would have happened with an outside investigation into covid protocol. I never liked Franklin but he sure left a giant SH** sandwich for the school with his exit.

Well they have two other QBs lined up that look to be stronger than him so I can see why it happened. Only time will tell who ended up getting the better end of the deal.

I feel pretty good about the QB position right now and some exciting WR’s coming in, along with some OL If we get new blood at OC, it’s something to look forward to.

Reactions: Hop45 and C-Bow
I think they were just his main recruiters who brought him in. And yeah, I think we all saw this coming a mile away. Best of luck to him he seems like a great kid.
Yeah. He was recruited by Silvoy and TF

Franklin probably trashed us to the family. I still wonder what would have happened with an outside investigation into covid protocol. I never liked Franklin but he sure left a giant SH** sandwich for the school with his exit.
Coach Franklin has never communicated anything negative about MTSU to Matthew Geeting or the family.

Assuming this person is or otherwise related to Geeting, it does make you wonder the degree us slappies contribute to negative sentiment.

That said, I'm surpised the kid doesn't have more offers with his size that will probably come after they complete their season. Who knows, he could still come back to the fray depending on who we select as OC. And with Brent on the staff now, if I was a QB I would probably want to learn from someone like him. With Franklin winding down his career, Brent had become far more knowledgeable about this offense and how defenses approached than even Franklin himself.

Brent is the best QB we've ever had. And some may disagree because his dad has a .500 record, but Brent is going to be an even better coach than QB IMO. And if I was a QB, Brent is the type of coach I would want to learn from. Just my two cents.

I am Matthew's father. I will say there is some disinformation in the posts/comments, but I understand it because people are fans and they have their various opinions on things. I don't care to elaborate on Matthew's situation, but I simply didn't want to see Coach Franklin be unduly criticized as it pertains to Matthew's decision. I'm a fan of MT! I watched every game this past season. I wish the Blue Raiders luck moving forward!

I am Matthew's father. I will say there is some disinformation in the posts/comments, but I understand it because people are fans and they have their various opinions on things. I don't care to elaborate on Matthew's situation, but I simply didn't want to see Coach Franklin be unduly criticized as it pertains to Matthew's decision. I'm a fan of MT! I watched every game this past season. I wish the Blue Raiders luck moving forward!

Appreciate your perspective. When fams come on, there's a wrong way and a right way to do it, and you've done so the right way, so thank you.

This was probably the most excited I have been about a QB commit in some time, so hate to hear he was changing course. We would loved to have seen what he could do here. Hopefully, as things shake out as a new OC decision is made he'll continue to keep MT as a possible option, but wish you all the best whatever choice is made. Take care.

Coach Franklin has never communicated anything negative about MTSU to Matthew or the family.
Thanks for sharing. That said, between his Facebook Farewell mea culpa, his interview w/quotes in the Washington Post and his video interview with the guy from Cal-Berkeley, Tony Franklin has done more than his share of torching the place on his way out whether directly or indirectly with prospects and their families.
It’s pretty well documented in here that many of us alumni are extremely disappointed with the Football/Basketball results and the overall poor performance of the respective Head Coaches and their staffs. But it starts at the top. From the President and AD on down.

Good luck to your son wherever he ends up and thanks again for your input.

Reactions: Hop45 and Geeter11
Appreciate your perspective. When fams come on, there's a wrong way and a right way to do it, and you've done so the right way, so thank you.

This was probably the most excited I have been about a QB commit in some time, so hate to hear he was changing course. We would loved to have seen what he could do here. Hopefully, as things shake out as a new OC decision is made he'll continue to keep MT as a possible option, but wish you all the best whatever choice is made. Take care.
I really appreciate your kind words! I will say that Matthew was ALL IN when he made his commitment and worked hard to help recruit some guys. We'll see how things end up. We're still just hoping to get a senior season of high school football in California!

Thanks for sharing. That said, between his Facebook Farewell mea culpa, his interview w/quotes in the Washington Post and his video interview with the guy from Cal-Berkeley, Tony Franklin has done more than his share of torching the place on his way out whether directly or indirectly with prospects and their families.
It’s pretty well documented in here that many of us alumni are extremely disappointed with the Football/Basketball results and the overall poor performance of the respective Head Coaches and their staffs. But it starts at the top. From the President and AD on down.

Good luck to your son wherever he ends up and thanks again for your input.
All great points! I don't discount any of the other things you mention and I'm aware of all of it. I just needed to clarify that Coach Franklin didn't direct any negativity in my son's direction. This forum has actually given me pause about some things I did not focus on early in the recruiting process--facilites, AD...

Wish Matthew and your family the best as you move forward and look for a place to continue his career. The recruiting process is difficult for everyone - players, coaches, and families - to navigate

It seems to me that it would have more to do with other QB's committing and his concern for playing time. That will be an issue anywhere and I hope he gives MT a shot. You have to believe in yourself and take that chance that you can win the job. If you think you are the best and can prove it - it's your job. That's the thing with MT right now, they have positions currently open that the best player can win out.

Looks like he's coming from a good family that is already a fan of the program. So let's see if a new OC peaks his interest. If not, best of luck.

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
It seems to me that it would have more to do with other QB's committing and his concern for playing time. That will be an issue anywhere and I hope he gives MT a shot. You have to believe in yourself and take that chance that you can win the job. If you think you are the best and can prove it - it's your job. That's the thing with MT right now, they have positions currently open that the best player can win out.

Looks like he's coming from a good family that is already a fan of the program. So let's see if a new OC peaks his interest. If not, best of luck.

Did you read the guys response, he started looking at other thing ie. facilities and AD

Did you read the guys response, he started looking at other thing ie. facilities and AD

Yes I did, but I can't imagine this just became the main issues. The AD, yes I can see that, but the facilities? Seems odd to me that would be an issue now when it was okay before, but not the fact other QB's have committed?

On the topic of facilities I was curious to know how many of you think we would be in a different place if our facilities were up to par. Would Stock be capable of bringing in higher quality players and winning with them if we had the facilities they have been discussing for a few years now? If Stock were to hire a good OC and he were able to get new facilities within a couple of years could he turn it around?

On the topic of facilities I was curious to know how many of you think we would be in a different place if our facilities were up to par. Would Stock be capable of bringing in higher quality players and winning with them if we had the facilities they have been discussing for a few years now? If Stock were to hire a good OC and he were able to get new facilities within a couple of years could he turn it around?
No.

At least at the other 2 schools I associate with, winning came before significant facility upgrades.

As others have mentioned, winning usually proceeds facility upgrades. There a very few - if any - exceptions to this principle.

At this point in his career, Stock is who he is. For him to be successful long term at MT, he needs to realize this, make changes to staff, and surround himself with the best staff possible.

To this point, he’s shown very little willingness to move on from guys who are liabilities on the field and on the recruiting trail. And it’s holding himself - and the program - back.

As others have mentioned, winning usually proceeds facility upgrades. There a very few - if any - exceptions to this principle.

At this point in his career, Stock is who he is. For him to be successful long term at MT, he needs to realize this, make changes to staff, and surround himself with the best staff possible.

To this point, he’s shown very little willingness to move on from guys who are liabilities on the field and on the recruiting trail. And it’s holding himself - and the program - back.

All under the great leadership of our AD.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I got the responses I thought I would get. I do think if facilities upgrades happened 10 years ago things may have been different, but at this point it is what it is.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
he wouldn't have that excuse if facilities were 50% better. He should be winning now, 3 hours each way to great recruiting areas.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Nope.

Good for him but I’m not buying the facilities was the reason. Of course they could improve, but it’s probably more about the fact there are two other QB’s that were signed that look to be a little stronger than this kid.

hell why come all the way to East coast, when he can compete in the mountain west and go to school in Vegas. Makes more since on his part.

Reactions: Geeter11 and C-Bow
Good for him. Hope he can win the starting job there and make some noise. Seems like a good kid

Reactions: Geeter11
ADVERTISEMENT