ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Geeting decommits

Good for him but I’m not buying the facilities was the reason. Of course they could improve, but it’s probably more about the fact there are two other QB’s that were signed that look to be a little stronger than this kid.

I never said facilities was THE reason. I gave credit to this forum for enlightening me about the real status of them. When recruiting a player 2,000 miles away during a pandemic via zoom, facetime, etc. (We never set foot on campus) the coaches aren't necessarily bringing up subpar facilities. Facilities was not the focus; however, UNLV practice facilities are amazing and home games are played at Allegiant Stadium (Raiders) so we are very happy.

In terms of competition, there will be competition everywhere at this level. I appreciate your opinion about where you see Matthew ranking against the others, but I happen to disagree. MT relies on their QB's legs a little more, and their arm a little less recently. We were advised that this would be a continuing trend. Those are the kind of guys you have, so that works for you. We found a place that wants Matthew as a thrower. I think both schools found a better fit in their respective recruits.

I'm a fan of MTSU, and I will root for your success this year, and always (I still wear all the gear I purchased, too!) Good luck!

I never said facilities was THE reason. I gave credit to this forum for enlightening me about the real status of them. When recruiting a player 2,000 miles away during a pandemic via zoom, facetime, etc. (We never set foot on campus) the coaches aren't necessarily bringing up subpar facilities. Facilities was not the focus; however, UNLV practice facilities are amazing and home games are played at Allegiant Stadium (Raiders) so we are very happy.

In terms of competition, there will be competition everywhere at this level. I appreciate your opinion about where you see Matthew ranking against the others, but I happen to disagree. MT relies on their QB's legs a little more, and their arm a little less recently. We were advised that this would be a continuing trend. Those are the kind of guys you have, so that works for you. We found a place that wants Matthew as a thrower. I think both schools found a better fit in their respective recruits.

I'm a fan of MTSU, and I will root for your success this year, and always (I still wear all the gear I purchased, too!) Good luck!

Can’t blame a kid or his family for picking the best situation they can or for changing their minds as his career progresses. I 100% think UNLV makes the most sense for your son over MT unless you just must play for Stock and Dearmon.

Good luck to your son.

Last edited:

There’s a kid from Murfreesboro who signed with UNLV as well - and another kid the MT staff didn’t value in a way I think was commensurate with their talent.

Here’s hoping both kids play well and prove them wrong.

There’s a kid from Murfreesboro who signed with UNLV as well - and another kid the MT staff didn’t value in a way I think was commensurate with their talent.

Here’s hoping both kids play well and prove them wrong.
I can't honestly believe we let the kid from Oakland get away. I get it if he goes to Texas but UNLV?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT