ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL FWIW, New Bag Policy

Actually, we did average 20k 10 years ago. Dude, no offense but you have said some moronic stuff. If someone is showing up at every game when very few are, why would you limit them? I brought those seats in when we had 28 - 30k there. It didn't effect anything. I've never infringed on anyones comfort level. Never one complaint. I ain't bringing in a Barco Lounger. Sheesh. It's never been a problem before. It isn't one. They are only doing it to get people to buy their seats and rent their stadium seats. That's why they are doing it. It has nothing to do with space. Hell, there's plenty of that. I've done it that way for over 12 years since I bought those things. I was there when we had 22k, 25k, 29k for Memphis and 30k for Georgia Tech. Never an issue. That's why the policy and many of their policies are so effing stupid. It's not just this one thing. It's a long list of stupid BS. The issues they face are of there own making. Bottom line. I'm glad you are happy with the product. Maybe you can high five yourself next season.
Well you said 20k are gone and if we averaged 20k then that would mean no one goes. When you say no offense you mean offense. You mentioned 4 games with over 20k. I was just mentioning that you said you sit in a section with your chair back stadium seats with no one in front of you. Did you not say that? I have never said anything you said was moronic. I respect your opinion and I simply said if you do not like the new policy that much then why stay? Why stress so much over something you cannot change? I want all the fans we can get, but all I see is negativity on this board. If you really feel what you say on this board why live with that negativity? It is not healthy. I am going against what I wanted to do by going back to this useless and negative message board. I know all of you complaining will be right back in the stands if we play well next year and win 10 games and a conference championship chair back stadium seats or not. Fair weather as can be. Just so you all do not attack me for being too positive I am not predicting that.

I've shown up for every game up until now and yes I can complain about dumbass policies, bad gameday experience, ineffective marketing, lack of inclusiveness and basically anything else I feel like. Thanks for your concern.

U R very welcome. Will keep the lights on for you.

Well you said 20k are gone and if we averaged 20k then that would mean no one goes. When you say no offense you mean offense. You mentioned 4 games with over 20k. I was just mentioning that you said you sit in a section with your chair back stadium seats with no one in front of you. Did you not say that? I have never said anything you said was moronic. I respect your opinion and I simply said if you do not like the new policy that much then why stay? Why stress so much over something you cannot change? I want all the fans we can get, but all I see is negativity on this board. If you really feel what you say on this board why live with that negativity? It is not healthy. I am going against what I wanted to do by going back to this useless and negative message board. I know all of you complaining will be right back in the stands if we play well next year and win 10 games and a conference championship chair back stadium seats or not. Fair weather as can be. Just so you all do not attack me for being too positive I am not predicting that.

Wow. 30k capacity, we average 10k. 30-10 = 20. There are 20k empty seats. You went to college right? I sat in 2hh on row 1 because I could and bought those tickets so there you go. Never had an issue ever before and now they've made it an issue for no reason which is why I and others thought it was a stupid move. I'm not stressing anymore dude, I'm simply staying at the house. When it becomes a burden more than fun to be there then folks aren't gonna be there and they aren't there now. Me + 20k = 20001. :) That number will increase this year.

Is it really negativity or is it reality? The truth hurts the most. If the admin doesn't do their job and make it easy for fans to show up is it the fans' fault for complaining? Great logic and very effective in chasing folks away. We played for a conference championship and folks still didn't show so it's failed logic to say if we win, all of us will be there. You do know that we on this board are the die hards because we are still discussing MT sports after all of the BS they've pulled. Who else is talking MT sports? No one. The brand is broken. Until they fix that, it's gonna get worse. Agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Wow. 30k capacity, we average 10k. 30-10 = 20. There are 20k empty seats. You went to college right? I sat in 2hh on row 1 because I could and bought those tickets so there you go. Never had an issue ever before and now they've made it an issue for no reason which is why I and others thought it was a stupid move. I'm not stressing anymore dude, I'm simply staying at the house. When it becomes a burden more than fun to be there then folks aren't gonna be there and they aren't there now. Me + 20k = 20001. :) That number will increase this year.

Is it really negativity or is it reality? The truth hurts the most. If the admin doesn't do their job and make it easy for fans to show up is it the fans' fault for complaining? Great logic and very effective in chasing folks away. We played for a conference championship and folks still didn't show so it's failed logic to say if we win, all of us will be there. You do know that we on this board are the die hards because we are still discussing MT sports after all of the BS they've pulled. Who else is talking MT sports? No one. The brand is broken. Until they fix that, it's gonna get worse. Agree to disagree.
You are right there are 20k empty seats, but since we have never averaged a sellout one could assume that you were saying people that used to go no longer to. Clearly that is not the case. You can insult if you want. 20k people are not skipping the games because the team does not win. The basketball team I do not think had an actual sellout during their great span. Even after beating Michigan State. I was there year before last when we played WKU at home. Great atmosphere, but I do not think it was a sellout. The admin is to blame for a lot of things, but don't think the lack of good fans is not another issue. If Blackburn were to replace Massaro and hire a new football coach I doubt it really changes that much. The fact we played a conference championship and no one showed up is not all on the admin. The weather was not perfect, so the fans stayed home. Nice conversation. Just wish I was not insulted every time you replied.

Oh and after I made the comment about not wanting anyone in front of you I thought about you being in row 1. Sorry about that. I really hate arguing like this. It may be reality, but keeping something as negative as you seem to think it is in your life is not healthy.

If you sit on the visitor's sideline, you should probably consider moving to the home side. I've heard that sunglasses and visors will be banned next.

These too?

Wide-brim-Sinamay-Hats-Fascinators-Church-hats-for-races-wedding-kentucky-derby-4-colors-ivory-royal.jpg

We were once averaging between 20-22k back in 2008-2010. The numbers started to dwindle more at that point. The bigger draw games like the blackout game drew numbers bigger than that. You had P5 games like Maryland, Vandy, Virginia, Miss St., GT and Minnesota that drew larger numbers. I can tell you this. The Gameday experience was different back then. Brad Smith did one hell of a job and he had to combat a lot of forces namely Massaro to do anything. It was an uphill battle working with Massaro and so he got tired and left. No one has been able to do what Brad has done since. Marco Born was kinda close but who they have now? No way. That place is a funeral home now.

Again, it's not about winning. Who do we beat? That's the issue. No one cares. We do the same thing every year. I used to be the biggest defender of Stock and the program on here. Much like you are now. It took years of mediocrity and failure from this program to get me to feel this way. Constant frustration. That is why I'm stepping back this season for the first time in over 30 years. I'm not alone obviously. We'll see what they do. Right now, it's more of the same. A change would matter more than you think.

You know, being bowl eligible every year since joining CUSA wouldn't be a bad thing to hang your hat on....IF...you had maybe won an outright conference title since joining Division 1.

Kind of sad that we've never been the best team in our conference in 20+ years. All of our "championships" are tainted co-championships in which we were defeated by the other "co-champion" in all 3 seasons. We've never been the best team in our conference in 20+ years. We also have a pretty bad bowl record as well. What are we at now...2-6? 2-7?

I don't know. I hate to be so negative all the time, but at some point, you've got to win a conference title. We had an amazing defense last year with the supposed best QB in the history of our program and still couldn't manage to do it.....

I really don't think Rick will ever field the best team in our conference when all is said and done. He'll probably coach here around 20 years or so and never have fielded the best team in the league. We'll be bowl eligible a lot though. Whooping up on the UT-Martin and UTEP's of the world to reach that prestigious 6 win mark.

Don't get too excited.

You know, being bowl eligible every year since joining CUSA wouldn't be a bad thing to hang your hat on....IF...you had maybe won an outright conference title since joining Division 1.

Kind of sad that we've never been the best team in our conference in 20+ years. All of our "championships" are tainted co-championships in which we were defeated by the other "co-champion" in all 3 seasons. We've never been the best team in our conference in 20+ years. We also have a pretty bad bowl record as well. What are we at now...2-6? 2-7?

I don't know. I hate to be so negative all the time, but at some point, you've got to win a conference title. We had an amazing defense last year with the supposed best QB in the history of our program and still couldn't manage to do it.....

I really don't think Rick will ever field the best team in our conference when all is said and done. He'll probably coach here around 20 years or so and never have fielded the best team in the league. We'll be bowl eligible a lot though. Whooping up on the UT-Martin and UTEP's of the world to reach that prestigious 6 win mark.

Don't get too excited.

Well stated, Wiley. Maybe there are still some fans hanging on who are satisfied with this model. I’m just not one of them. To each his own.

You vote with your wallet and your feet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT