ADVERTISEMENT

Free stuff for Americans

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html?intcmp=hpft

12106971_741015599364954_4920662977452697143_n.png

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Flash, sadly, the free-loading yahoos you see in that picture are a representation of what our once-great country has evolved into....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - that is so accurate

Although I believe we are fighting a war against collectivism we cannot win, I will continue resisting the mass movement to give bureaucrats control over our lives. It's puzzling how so many are unable to make the connection - the larger and more powerful government has become, the larger and wider economic inequality has gotten.

Speaking of scumbags, Bush charged $100,000 to speak to VETERANS. Pot, meet kettle. More critical thinking from the right I see.

26ab6aab1497238b3a8e95a3d20d01b9.jpg

The bushes and the clintons are elitist, one-world government, dirt bags as are most D.C. politicians.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
I don't agree with that completely, but if you are going to post up some crap, post it up from both sides. Bush etc are no saints.

Todd,

When you guys start calling out your own s#it, I'll start calling it out on both sides. You see, the thing is, neither side has room to talk on moral grounds because they are both immoral to some extent. So, being in the wrong is being in the wrong. It's not about morality to me, it's about what would be stimulate the economy and make America great again. When we can reach a middle ground on that, we have a winner. Until then, we will just keep slinging mud, which is pointless because we all have our faults.

Reactions: Predarat

How come collectivists always seem so worried about the charitable efforts of their neighbor?

1. Jesus instructed his followers to help the poor. Jesus did NOT instruct his followers to make sure their neighbors were helping, too.
2. In the book of John, chapter 21, Peter is concerned about John's contribution to the spreading of the gospel. Jesus clearly told Peter, "John's affairs are none of your concern. Mind your own business."
3. In 2nd Timothy, the bible says each person should give as HE feels led to give.

I could list several more examples of where God clearly wants us to mind our own business when it comes to who gives what and how much.

What belongs to our neighbor...is not ours to share.

Reactions: MTLynn
The bible says to "Give to Caesar what is Caesars'" We have laws to live in this great country. You should follow them, including paying your taxes.

The top 5% own 40% of everything in America and pay 48% of the taxes. Mr. Crowder, like many on this board, needs to get a grip. Our taxes are not too high on the rich. I do question the tax rate on the upper middle class...the small business owners. Also, that 47% is basically a lie or at least a diversion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...dc7bbe-0341-11e2-8102-ebee9c66e190_story.html

Five myths about the 47 percent
Resize Text

Comments 893

By William G. Gale and Donald B. Marron September 21, 2012
1. Forty-seven percent of Americans don’t pay taxes.

The most pernicious misconception about people who don’t pay federal income taxes is that they don’t pay any taxes. That oft-heard claim ignores all the other taxes Americans encounter in their daily lives. Almost two-thirds of the 47 percent work, for example, and their payroll taxes help finance Social Security and Medicare. Accounting for this, the share of households paying no net federal taxes falls to 28 percent.

And those aren’t the only other taxes they bear. According to economic research, the corporate income tax discourages domestic investment; that depresses wages, so workers are effectively paying some of the corporate tax. More directly, many households pay federal taxes on gasoline, beer and cigarettes. And then there are state and local sales, property and income taxes — all of which are often less progressive than the federal income tax. Putting all these together, a family of three with an income of $30,000 would owe no federal income tax (in fact, they would get money back). But they could easily pay more than $4,500, or 15 percent of their income, in taxes.

2. Members of the 47 percent will never pay federal income taxes.

Politicians and commentators often talk about those who don’t pay income taxes as though they’re in a special club with lifetime membership. In fact, it’s a highly diverse group, some of whom move in and out from year to year.

When they first join the workforce, for example, young people may not earn enough to pay federal income taxes. The same is true for many of the temporarily unemployed, working parents and entrepreneurs whose businesses experience a loss. But most of these people look forward to the day, perhaps in just a year or two, when their incomes will rise and they will join or rejoin the 53 percent of Americans who do pay federal income taxes.

The reverse is true for many senior citizens: They may pay no federal income tax in retirement, but most did during their working years.

3. Many high-income people game the system to pay no income tax.

Our jerry-rigged tax code leaves many Americans with a nagging sense that other people are exploiting loopholes to avoid taxes — and the rest of us have to make up the difference. Sadly, there’s an element of truth to that. But gimmickry by high-income taxpayers has essentially nothing to do with who does and doesn’t pay income taxes. Our colleagues at the Tax Policy Center estimate, for example, that households with cash incomes of $200,000 or more account for less than 0.1 percent of the 47 percent.

The vast majority of people who pay no federal income tax have low earnings, are elderly or have children at home. They are exempt from the income tax because of features Congress added to the tax code, thanks to bipartisan efforts

Unless you make $250,000 a year or more, you don't even pay for what you use...most of you should stop crying.

And yet...he's made these comments (see below). Never been a fan of Barkley.

1px.gif

barkley.jpg

May 7th, 2012
08:27 AM ET

Barkley to Romney: 'We're going to beat you like a drum'
politicalmugshot.jpg

Posted by
CNN Political Unit
(CNN) - According to always-outspoken Charles Barkley, Mitt Romney's "going down" in November's presidential election.

The former pro-basketball star and NBA hall-of-famer turned hoops-analyst made the comments Sunday night during the airing of a playoff game between the Boston Celtics and the Atlanta Hawks.

Romney, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, and his wife Ann were at game, which was held at Boston's TD Garden. A picture of them in the crowd was shown on TNT, which along with CNN is part of Time Warner's Turner Broadcasting division.

"We are going to beat you like a drum in November. But don't take it personally. I like you. You seem like a nice guy. But you're going down bro," Barkley said on the TNT broadcast, after seeing Romney in the crowd.

Barkley, a former Republican who switched his party affiliation to Democrat, has previously spoken out about the race for the White House. In December, he described the GOP presidential candidates as "idiots" for their criticism of the president.

Barkley twice weighed runs for the governor's office in his home state of Alabama, but never took the plunge into campaign politics.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, a top Romney surrogate who was the Republican presidential nominee in 2008, responded to Barkley on Twitter Monday, writing: "Dear Charles Barkley, "don't take it personally, you seem like a nice guy," but you're clueless – @MittRomney wins. Wanna bet?"

BBJ, I don't like Barkley either. The only reason I posted his quote was to show the libs, who frequent this forum, how ludicrous it is to vote for the Democratic Party and then complain about poverty. Obviously, Barkley isn't poor so his statement doesn't apply to him but he is a Democrat who is willing to admit that Democratic economic policy is the reason poverty persists in the United States today.

BBJ, I don't like Barkley either. The only reason I posted his quote was to show the libs, who frequent this forum, how ludicrous it is to vote for the Democratic Party and then complain about poverty. Obviously, Barkley isn't poor so his statement doesn't apply to him but he is a Democrat who is willing to admit that Democratic economic policy is the reason poverty persists in the United States today.

No problem, Flash. Just wanted to point out the idiocy and hypocrisy of Barkley! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT