SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
same as for the last couple of years

This article is from the Knoxville paper:

excerpt:

Joe Campbell, running back: Campbell led MTSU in rushing for four years. He was a first-team All-American in 1990 and 1991 and the OVC Player of the Year in 1990. He set program records in rushing yards (3,823) and touchdowns (45).

Don Griffin, defensive back: Griffin was a three-time All-OVC performer and a 1985 first-team All-American and OVC Defensive Player of the Year. He recorded 210 tackles and 13 interceptions in his career and held the school record for interceptions in a single game with three.

Steve McAdoo, offensive line: McAdoo was a first team All-American in 1990 and 1991 and a three-time member of the All-OVC first team. He also won three OVC championships.

Charles Murphy, coach: Murphy, the coach from 1947-68, led MTSU to seven Volunteer State Athletic Conference championships and seven OVC championships.

one of my more prouder moments as a MT fan was going to the hall. For anyone who hasn't been there's a interactive area where you search your schools entrants. Boots was our only HOF'r. I was with my brother who is a UGA fan. I was more proud of our one guy than he was of his 1,087.

ADVERTISEMENT