ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Former MT OC lands on his feet

Pretty good for a dude who ain't done nothing. Losing record OC but gets a HC gig. LOL.

I'd honestly forgotten he was a former head coach. I'd just remembered his time as OC at Kansas under Miles.

That will be the rest of his career. Lower level college conferences, bouncing around. Bad mistake leaving MT. He could have potentially parlayed that to something bigger at a bigger school. Instead his poor decisions to take off have squashed his future advancemen opportunities.

Oh well, he wasn’t impressive here anyways.

Yes then he will have a shot at being a coordinator at a CUSA school. Oh wait, he’s already done that.
If he takes UNA to the playoffs, I believe his next stop will be as a head coach in the SBC or CUSA.

Reactions: ewglenn
Actually, traditionally, UNA (Back in my day, Florence State) has been a stronger football program than Austin Peay, who wants to go FBS. It's not a bad place to start or restart a head coaching career. Dearmon has a pretty good chance to be successful there.

I'd still trade Stock for him. Any coach, even one who was unsuccessful before, is at least a lottery ticket. What we have is guaranteed failure.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT