ADVERTISEMENT

former local high school star transferring from ole miss

And MT would not be interested? I know they are deep at RB, but why not

Do we really need a one-and-done RB who will have to sit out a year before playing? I realize he was the highest rated RB to come out of Rutherford Co. in a long time, if ever but still.

Originally posted by MTFNBY5:
Do we really need a one-and-done RB who will have to sit out a year before playing? I realize he was the highest rated RB to come out of Rutherford Co. in a long time, if ever but still.
honestly, not sure. I haven't care to keep up with his stats or what went wrong for him at ole miss. I guess if the coaching staff thinks he can help that's fine...but too bad he couldn't have made the choice coming out of high school. If he ends up at another fbs program instead of MT, he'll be the same as he, and all others, that leave the county out of high school when they could have played in front of family and friends here...

Deadtome_zps4014bf94.png

This post was edited on 1/10 12:30 PM by SpaceRaider

Also saw all the rumors on twitter he was coming to MTSU. But I think some of that is based upon Mathers starting to follow both Coach Stock and Jason Spray on twitter in the past few days.

Not sure exactly about his little brother, but one of the twitter post I saw said his little brother was coming to MTSU (whether that was just as a student, another sport or football I really have no idea).

We probably don't need him but Oakland has some players coming out the next couple of years. Probably not a bad thing to have a familiar face in the locker room for recruiting purposes.

To say we couldn't use him is silly. We play a rotation at RB, he will fit in. I bet he can also play special teams. The kid has over 1000 yds rushing in the SEC, give him a bit of props.

Yeah Mathers transferring has nothing to do with not being able to hack it in the SEC, and more to do with wanting a better situation in front of him.

That said, I'm not sure MT will provide him that situation on account of the crowded backfield. He could certainly come in right away and produce, but it seems to me that the situation he would find himself in at MT would be eerily similar to that of Ole Miss.

BUT as they say, home is where the heart is. The aforementioned Twitter followings/follow backs do say something...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Can't see where he wouldn't fit in here. He'd have to sit a year, and Bryson and Parker both graduate next year.

He'd be in line to be a change of pace with Tucker, mixed in with Thomas (if he sticks around) and any other guys that jump on board this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT