ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL For some reason this does not hurt as much as . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
having Bruce Stewart express in the media that he would crawl to Knoxville for the UT-K job. Perhaps it's my dislike for the urenge that really POed me at the time, perhaps it's my accepting of all the changes brought about in recent years (The ESPNing of sports, the $$$s, the sports talk shows, etc.), or perhaps with maturity I've discarded my blue tinted glasses and see the world more clearly.

I would like to return to the world where loyalty meant much more and dollars and being "big-time" meant so much less. The time when a P V Overall at Tenn Tech, a E A Diddle at Western, A Shirley Majors at The U of South, a Bubba Murphy or a Jimmy Earle at MT, all would be considered for other jobs and but loyal to the school where they were.

Regardless, I thank Kermit for leaving the program in much, much better shape than it was when he arrived and wish him well. The last seven years have been so much more than MT fans could have expected during the Farrar, Weil, and first nine years of Davis' tenure. To this long-suffering MT BkB fan (50 + years) I have so much gratitude to Kermit Davis for making MT men's BkB relevant again.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, and Kermit: Just don't steal any players we were looking forward to seeing in The Boro finishing their eligibility here including the signees. Good Luck in Oxford and once again, Thanks for the memories (tear in eye - must be early spring pollen)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT