ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Five Fall Camp Storylines

I just saw that I'tavius Mathers is on the offensive staff as a GA. Shakir is on the O-line staff as a GA. You have at least 5-6 former Blue Raiders on the staff in some capacity. That's actually a pretty dang cool stat. Having the best QB we've ever had working with the QB's and just about the best RB we ever had working with the RB's is a pretty good thing. I like the vibe of the staff. We'll see if it translates to wins. I'Tavius coached the RB's at Blackman for 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders_55
That Quarterback battle wow, thats going to be a tough one. Cunningham played so well until his injury and Vattiato came in, guided them to a bowl game with an upset or two, then got a rare Bowl Game Win for the Blue Raiders.

Reactions: Raiders_55
That Quarterback battle wow, thats going to be a tough one. Cunningham played so well until his injury and Vattiato came in, guided them to a bowl game with an upset or two, then got a rare Bowl Game Win for the Blue Raiders.
Can't help but remember Vattiato's 'performance' at wku and all those interceptions. Reminded me of, ugh, Urzua or even Dasher, when he needed a pay day at the window, IYKWIMAITYD.

Can't help but remember Vattiato's 'performance' at wku and all those interceptions. Reminded me of, ugh, Urzua or even Dasher, when he needed a pay day at the window, IYKWIMAITYD.
To be fair, he found out that he was starting the night before.

To be fair, he found out that he was starting the night before.
Stockstill recruited and signed him for the QB position. He should have worked to make him ready, make the decision earlier. The fact it was just another in a long line of uncompetitive games, this one against wku who has absolutley made CRS its b*tch, makes it unacceptable.

Reactions: MT Glenn and MTLynn
Stockstill recruited and signed him for the QB position. He should have worked to make him ready, make the decision earlier. The fact it was just another in a long line of uncompetitive games, this one against wku who has absolutley made CRS its b*tch, makes it unacceptable.
As a true freshman? Really. All true freshmen are ready to play? As a TF thrown into the fire getting us to a bowl and winning it is pretty huge on it's own. Brent Stockstill only won one bowl in hie entire career.

Stewart personally working with the line is huge. If the OL feels a connection with the OC, they buy in. If they buy in, they are more teachable and the OC will have a better handle on what he can call in certain situations. The game is 90% mental. wTF and Dearmon did not have a connection with them as the one young man said in the video. This is encouraging to me.

Reactions: Hop45
The defense really has the potential to be some home wreckers this year. Defensive line has always been my favorite position and the fact that we return all 4 starters + have considerable talent backing them up.....mmmmm it might get ugly for some of our opponents.

For the 39th time, this team this season is gonna go as far as the offense will take it. We will have a top 3 D in CUSA assuming they are not on the field the whole game.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Stewart personally working with the line is huge. If the OL feels a connection with the OC, they buy in. If they buy in, they are more teachable and the OC will have a better handle on what he can call in certain situations. The game is 90% mental. wTF and Dearmon did not have a connection with them as the one young man said in the video. This is encouraging to me.
After last night, I’m really looking forward to the FAU game. I had planned to go to Memphis with my Dad for Senior Day vs. North Alabama but the return of Dearmon to Murfreesboro will be worth watching.

ADVERTISEMENT