ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB FINAL FOUR IN THE GLASS HOUSE!!!!

Big Win...
Congratulations Ladies...
This team deserves a full house on Thursday night to take on the winner of Seton Hall and Columbia. This is the farthest we have ever gotten in any tournament in program history! If you haven't been out to a game in a while, this is the time... the MT community needs to come out and support the ladies!

Last edited:
Do we know it's this is a for sure home game?
Not 100% sure, but both Seton Hall (1,316) and Columbia (2,500) have tiny gyms. The money from having a huge crowd in the Murphy Center will be absolutely on the WNIT's top of the list. Plus, after being on the road, the Raiders should be able to host and pay whatever is necessary to secure it. And if it's done by whoever has the better record, MT has the best record out of all remaining teams.

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
That was fast -- the Final Four is COMING TO MURFREESBORO!!! Seton Hall beat Columbia (the Pirates are my second team :)) to advance as well. Let's PACK THE GLASS HOUSE!!!!!!

I thought this was going to be another heartbreaking loss just like the men's C-USA and CBI championship games where one of our best shooters missed the FTs late.

Really great effort from this team to get the dub. We need a packed house for this next one!!

Hoping the students show up big time for this one. It’s not every day that we get to host a Final Four game regardless of what tournament it is.

Reactions: coachchia
Glad for Insell that he finally delivered the Great 8s and Final 4s he promised early in his tenure, even if it wasn't in the NCAA but the WNIT.

Very disappointed at the crowd last night (fan base has significantly gone down since Insell's ealy years) and the fact that we have virtually no posters who seem to care about or even keep up with women's BkB. Very frustrating to me that there were no posts either during, after, or even so far this morning after last night's game.

Fun run, a great comeback last night, and we lost to a vastly more athletic team in a close game. For what it's worth this team lost 8 games by a total of 24 points. I don't think fans can ask for more.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Fun game and thought the crowd was great...and very loud. For once it seemed the officials called a pretty good game but the last minute every call went against us. There were 2 of the quickest whistles I have ever seen on a jump ball call. And it appeared Whitson was fouled on the quick whistle jump ball and questionable no call on the final play. But a great season and hopefully for once CRI can keep this group together.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I thought it was a great crowd. The fan base is down from his early years, but if I remember at that time the games for men and women were double-headers. Season ticket holders would show up early for mens games. It had to be built back up after they split the games to different nights. The students still don't attend the womens games very well. With that I think MTSU is usually in the top 20 in attendance every year.

I agree with the 2 quick whistles at the end. The tie with Whitson where the girl knocked her down getting the ball was the worst. The foul on the last play was body contact but not really bad. Like Insell said, I have seen that called and I have seen that not called. They probably erred on not calling it for a borderline foul on the last play of the game. For most of the game the referees were pretty good.

I would have posted something last night, but we have drive back to Nashville from Murfreesboro and I was simply bummed out about the game. We made a fantastic comeback and had the game in our control with 45 seconds to go and then let it slip away.

I don't know for sure, but it certainly appears like Rick is grooming Matt to be his replacement. I think he would do a great job.

I don't think there's any question that Matt is the coach in waiting. He's basically calling it in game now anyway.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
on the post game show, Rick said he "talked to Deb" and he may have one year left in him. He said he's had a great career and it may be almost time to close that chapter. But yes, excited for Matt as long as he can keep up the excitement and keep things going/getting better.

ADVERTISEMENT