ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Day 2021?

Blue Raider Lightning

Blue Raider Fan
Jul 31, 2005
Can anyone confirm if Fan Day 2021 is still on today? I had it on the calendar but have seen no advertisement for it recently. Then, when I tried to look up info on it, I can't see it. Perhaps I am overlooking it but there was no mention of it in the weekly BRAA email I got Friday, nor do I see it in GoBlueRaiders.com or the new app they keep pushing. With the Covid situation and reinstated mask mandate on campus, I thought it might be canceled and I missed the announcement.

I heard it was cancelled but I never received any notification that it was.

It was officially canceled and I was told it had been announced. But neither I, nor friends that I spoke with knowingly received any form of message or saw a public announcement stating this. Granted, apathy is at an all time high but this is one event that is usually well attended. I dare say that when they had it at night two years ago that there were more there than at most games. I know that isn't saying much, but the lack of communication between the administration and fan base is very dissapointing. There are three main sources I look to for information. Here, GBR.com and the new app. I don't see anything on any of them saying it was canceled. Now this site isn't responsible to do so, but certainly the other two should.

...the lack of communication between the administration and fan base is very dissapointing.
No surprise. The administration revealed its disregard for the fan base when MT sports were removed from 89.5 after decades on the station.

Last edited:
I went with the family and obviously was canceled. Didn’t get any notifications about it being canceled. Oh well

So they cancelled Fan Day but didn’t have a problem hosting their little blitz charades all over Rutherford and surrounding counties with “large” groups of people? Make it make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT