ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Evansville

My father played football at U of E back when they had a football program. He was in school at the time and knew every guy on that team...

awful

Pilot error on not removing locks before takeoff. Tragic.

Another bit of the story from wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Indiana_Flight_216

The only member of the Purple Aces who did not die in the crash was 18-year-old freshman David Furr; he was out for the season with an ankle injury and thus was not on the plane that day. But just two weeks after the crash, Furr and his younger brother Byron were killed in a car accident near Newton, Illinois, leaving the entire 1977 Evansville team dead.[4]

I was the MBB Manager waiting on them to practice in Murphy Center that night... I vividly recall one of the trainers coming to the main floor where we were playing and telling us... After being informed, we watched the news in the TR...
When Evansville returned a couple of years ago, their Coach allowed me to watch them arrive on the Murphy Center Main Floor and talk with the players and coaches... I greatly appreciated his approval...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT