Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Part Native American

Trump says 'who cares' after Warren takes DNA test, denies $1 million offer
By Allie Malloy, CNN

Updated at 11:18 AM ET, Mon October 15, 2018

01:21
Mutual dislike between Trump, Sen. Warren
(CNN) — President Donald Trump claims he "didn't say" that he would pay $1 million to Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren for taking DNA test to review her Native American heritage, after she released the results of one on Monday morning.
"Who cares?" Trump said when asked about the DNA test. When pressed on the once-promised $1 million payment, Trump responded: "I didn't say that. You better read it again."
In fact, Trump did promise $1 million, during a July rally, but only if the test showed she was "an Indian."
At a rally in July, Trump said: "And we will say, 'I will give you a million dollars, paid for by Trump, to your favorite charity if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian ... we'll see what she does. I have a feeling she will say no but we will hold it for the debates."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/15/po...ocial&utm_term=link&r=https://m.facebook.com/

Related Article: Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test with 'strong evidence' of Native American ancestry

Warren has released the results of a DNA analysis showing she has distant Native American ancestry in an apparent attempt to pre-empt further questions and attacks should she run for president in 2020.
News for you

a DNA test cannot show that she or any other person is “Native American.” It does show evidence that 6-10 generations ago she had an ancestor that most likely was American Indian.

I bet almost all of us have something.

The bigger point is that she used this to further her career and actually benefit from affirmative action claiming "native American" status when applying for jobs, etc. I think we can all agree this was wrong.

If she's got native American blood, she's part Native American, so no, I don't agree that it was necessarily wrong in terms of affirmative action. Would it be wrong to claim to be an active member of a tribe? Yes, but as far as I know she hasn't claimed that. I'm only part Scots, but I claim that part of my heritage more than the English side of my heritage that I derive my surname from.

ADVERTISEMENT