ADVERTISEMENT

Election News Worsens for the Democrats; Millennials Want GOP in Charge

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Election News Worsens for the Democrats; Millennials Want Republicans in Charge October 29, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We're a week away from the big election and we have news in that regard. You know, I haven't spent a lot of time -- I've spent some but, you know, I've not gone wall-to-wall on the election and polls and all of that up until now because it really hasn't meant much. Now it starts. The polling data and all of the reporting on the election, it's about now, particularly in midterm elections, that you can begin to, I don't know, trust at least more than, say, a week ago, a month ago, two months ago especially.

The news as we get closer to the election is worsening for the Democrats and it, of course, begs the question. Has it always been bad and the Drive-Bys are trying to cover it up? That's my vote. I think polling data up until a week or two before the election is designed to shape public opinion. But then when we get close they have to maintain their credibility, so the polling data reflects reality rather than their attempt to shape the outcome.

DemThumbsDownPIX.jpg
That's why you pay a little bit more -- well, you pay attention all you want, but this is why what's happening now, what's being reported now carries a little bit more weight than, say, something a month ago, and certainly six months ago. Six months ago was just an exercise in futility in terms of being able to call the outcome, or even have some sort of indication. And the news, as you'll hear today, continues to worsen for Democrats in a number of states where they were thought not long ago to be locks. And there's panic setting in on the Democrat side in a number of places.

There's a great poll. I saw this in the Washington Examiner last night. It's a poll out of Harvard. "A new and massive poll of 2,029 18- to 29-year-olds from Harvard's Institute of Politics just released found that of those who say they will 'definitely be voting,' 51 percent want the GOP in charge, 47 percent favoring Democratic control."

If this was Democrats ahead 51-47, it would be indications of a landslide, you see. But since it's 51-47 Republicans being preferred, it's close, it's within the margin of error. So the analysts of the poll are suggesting that, hey, the kid vote is "up for grabs" this election. One of the things that I have been trying to hone in on in the past month, maybe two, is the golden opportunity this represents, or presents, for an inspiring, uplifting, positive message about America, if we get the right kind of change.

There are things happening in America today that didn't happen when Bush was president. There were things happening today that are new, and they're bad, and they're worsening. And I think with the right message -- and not lying, and not being phony optimistic or any of that. Just telling these young people or anybody that wants to hear it the truth about the possibility that exists in this country, just the good old standard, positive, uplifting, inspiring message, I think these kids -- young adults. Let me call 'em young adults. I don't mean to disrespect them by calling them kids. I think they're ready for it.

I think a lot of people are ready for an uplifting, inspirational, positive message. After six years of this, they're ready for it. People are craving it. But they need leadership to be articulating it. Not everybody's a self-starter. Some can provide that on their own, but most can't. And that's not a dig. Just happens to be the way things are. This is the first poll that I have seen, maybe the second, where this age-group has chosen the Republicans as their preference.

Do you realize how unhip and uncool the Republicans are presented as being? And do you realize how everybody thinks that, and do you realize how that may not be true? It may well be that not everybody thinks that. It may well be that we're all living amidst a whole bunch of media myths that are untrue.

CarterSweater1.jpg
Maybe the... I'm not arguing the Republican Party is, you know, Jay-Z and Beyonce. Don't misunderstand. But it may well be that they're not the nerd-kooks that the Drive-Bys and the Democrats would like you to think. The Democrats look more like that, frankly. But I just think there's a golden opportunity here for a positive message, 'cause I think it's possible. You know, Jimmy Carter did lasting damage to the Democrat Party for quite a while.

ReidPelosi_large.jpg
I say, "lasting." He damaged the Democrat Party's image for quite a while, and I think Obama could very well do the same thing. I think Obama's in the process of doing the same thing. Harry Reid's in the process. All these people. We sit around and we're told that everybody loves Pelosi, respects Harry Reid. I don't believe that. I think they're national jokes as much as any other Republican is a national joke.

I think you put Harry Reid on a red carpet line in Hollywood or Pelosi and they'd have tomatoes thrown at 'em just like anybody else would. They're not heroes. They're not looked at as saviors. They're not idolized. They're not thought of as people you want to hang with and be like. Everybody's led to believe that. This new massive poll of 2,030 18 to 29-year-olds from Harvard, it's the Institute of Politics.

Of those who say they will definitely be voting, 51% want the Republicans in charge. It's a huge shift from this same poll. "In 2010, younger voters kept to their historic trend: 55% favored Democrats, 43% Republicans." But you know what happened in 2010. It was a Republican landslide. It was a Republican landslide with the Millennials preferring Democrats 55-43. So what we have here is an eight-point change.

It's "very good news for the Republicans who had feared that the Obama generation would show up at the polls and in knee-jerk fashion simply pull the Democratic levers." Now, it says here... This is Paul Bedard in the Washington Examiner analyzing this. He said, "The shift away from the Democrats likely is fed by the Millennial dissatisfaction with Obama," and you know what's even worse for the Democrats is that Hispanic support has dropped off.

You know what else is dropping off, may be dropping off -- maybe not support but enthusiasm is waning -- is the black vote, as evidenced by how few African-Americans have early voted in Louisiana. Only 5%. That's why they are very nervous on the Democrat side. I mean, the Democrat Party, I think, is far more worried than anybody in the Drive-Bys tells us. The Drive-Bys have been in the business of covering all this up.

The Drive-Bys have been in the business of, in fact, presenting an entirely different picture.

So we shall see.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

Washington Examinerý: Shocking Harvard Poll: Millennial Voters Want GOP in Charge, Abandon Obama

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT