ADVERTISEMENT

$ec: NCAA investigating Ole Miss

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...sissippi-with-rules-violations-193911274.html

...The NCAA has formally charged the University of Mississippi with dozens of rules violations in three sports, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports.

The school has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA enforcement staff alleging roughly 30 violations in football, women’s basketball and track and field, sources told Yahoo. It is unclear at present what the breakdown is in terms of violations by sport. The NCAA does not comment on current, pending or potential investigations.....

The NCAA is so mad at Ole Miss, that they're going to try and murder ULL.

Seriously, have you seen Ole Miss's recent recruiting classes? They're insane.

This is a school with little tradition (and some of it bad), little history, no real success (only team in SEC not to play in SEC title game), middling facilities, no real academic stature and very little national footprint, in a state that most people try to leave instead of move to - and all of a sudden they're landing 5-star All-Everythings from places like Illinois, Miami, Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, etc - sometimes with the kid not even having officially visited and sometimes out of complete nowhere (like the kid hadn't been listing them).

Not to mention the investigation of Treadwell with the pics of the cash on twitter and the fact that Tunsil missed 7 games for improper recruiting benefits just this last year.

I really think they just said to "heck with it, we're Ole Miss, we'll never compete, might as well start handing out corvettes and bags of cash - the rewards of success far outweight the toothless NCAA penalties we might get."

I've always heard Freeze was a little bit of a slimy character. Even dating back to his days at Briarcrest High School.

And some of the most obnoxious people ever to be associated with a school. I hope Miss burns down.

Actually it sounds like most of the violation allegations are coming from the Houston Nutt era down in Oxford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT