ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Early Signing starts Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Regarding Elder, what this tells me is that if a better offer comes along, then he is gone. So essentially, he is decomitting from us.

Regarding Elder, what this tells me is that if a better offer comes along, then he is gone. So essentially, he is decomitting from us.
We offered early before his senior season. I bet we recently told him it might be best for him to explore other options. He does not appear to have a ton of interest.

Elder's list of other schools offering isn't too impressive. Don't know anything about him, but if he has a bigger offer brewing, which seems highly unlikely from his current list, he is at best a backup plan for another school.

Elder's list of other schools offering isn't too impressive. Don't know anything about him, but if he has a bigger offer brewing, which seems highly unlikely from his current list, he is at best a backup plan for another school.

Sign a bunch of FCS level recruits, and we end up with FCS level results.

What we do today is as big as what we do on any given gameday. From what I see on Rivals and TOS, we have a signing class in the bottom half of CUSA. That's just not going to cut it.

If we can replace Elder with a better guy, i'm all for it.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Randall Johnson looks intriguing.

Darius Williams has a nice offer list - a few AAC and CUSA schools as well.

It's encouraging that you don't have to look too far to find info on most of these guys - if they're on the Rivals/TOS radar, they usually are good enough to be offered by other FBS schools - that beats the "who is this guy" that we usually get with MT recruiting.

I could find nothing on Jalen Jackson.

I've got a running piece on the front page that I'm updating as things progress today. Putting little nuggets and tidbits of info on each recruit in there.

MT is up to 12 signees at this moment, with some big wins. Marcus LaFrance and JuJu Williams are big pulls that I didn't necessarily think were going to happen, so that's good.

MT lands top targets on Early Signing Day

He was a QB for a team that went 10-1 and the one loss was by 1 point for the championship...pretty good stats. In his tape he showed a quick release and live arm.

6'5 235. Sheesh! That's NFL size. If he can run halfway decent, he gonna push for the job out the gate. That's a Tony Franklin get right there. They should have gotten those WR's he was throwing to as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
JARRIN PIERCE is gonna play right away. He fits TF's system perfectly and has speed. He is an upgrade.

It's cali juco, slow down. How many have we got from cali juco that haven't produced? We not getting Kansas and Mississippi Juco dawgs.

I hear you but 6'5 is a great size for QB. Watch the film. He is just as capable as any other QB we have right now. Probably more capable.

Reactions: mtfblue
I'm not gonna lie, I really like what I see from Johnson on film. Cam Newton size with an actual throwing motion. Not as athletic as a Cam (obviously or let's face it he wouldn't have been available) but he's more than capable of escaping the pocket and making plays with his legs.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't come in and compete for the job right away.

4 more 2 star WR's. Let's hope one of them can blow up. We need some quality guys at that position. We have quantity, but not so sure on the quality quite yet.

4 more 2 star WR's. Let's hope one of them can blow up. We need some quality guys at that position. We have quantity, but not so sure on the quality quite yet.

Yeah unfortunately I don't have the ability to change positions of players anymore once they're baked into the system, but there's actually only 2 WR commits (3 if you count Elder) in this class. The others will play DB or LB at the next level.

Looks like on paper this class is already much better than the last two or three. Am I reading that right?

Looks like on paper this class is already much better than the last two or three. Am I reading that right?

That's the way I am seeing it...but I don't really understand how rankings work or at our level put much faith in them. But I think these were guys they were targeting.

That's the way I am seeing it...but I don't really understand how rankings work or at our level put much faith in them. But I think these were guys they were targeting.

TOS has us third in CUSA in their composite rankings (which takes into account a combination of a bunch of different services). There's a little room to move up depending on what happens in February.

Rivals has us 5th.

This is a better haul on paper than our last couple of efforts.

Wait a minute...Marcus Lafrance.

We beat out:

-Texas
-NC State
-Nebraska
-Ole Miss
-Louisville
-Iowa State
-Pitt
-Syracuse

Have we ever had a recruit this highly sought after? Thats a ridiculous list!

At 5.7 rank he is .1 away from a 4 Star

Louisville dropped a bunch of kids and wouldn't take commitments, and every offer is not committable. so take that list for what it's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT