ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Picks Recruited by Stock

rcodeman

True Blue
Feb 4, 2005
Rick Stockstill has recruited 5 NFL draft picks during his tenure. Charlotte has 4 since moving to d-1 in 2015.

Western Kentucky has 10

FIU has 8

FAU has 9

La Tech has 16

Louisiana Lafayette has 8

Just for reference.

Players in NFL better to use than draft picks. Ward was not drafted, but started for the Super Bowl champions. Ward not being drafted is not on Stock it is on NFL talent evaluators.

I'm not all that interested in players drafted, not drafted but in the pros, or total playing on Sunday, but Championships. Championships should be the measuring tool...

It's sad that our university culture is 'competing' and our leaders seem okay with that.
We need to win the Conference USA Championship multiple times and start being ranked in the Top 25. Period.

I am saying they go hand and hand. Usually winning means more draft picks and better players. TECH and Western double us and they’ve won. FAU almost doubles us and has won. Ward is by far best NFL player he’s recruited and he was a juco. Better players mean wins and better draft picks. He can’t recruit with La Tech.

I am saying they go hand and hand. Usually winning means more draft picks and better players. TECH and Western double us and they’ve won. FAU almost doubles us and has won. Ward is by far best NFL player he’s recruited and he was a juco. Better players mean wins and better draft picks. He can’t recruit with La Tech.

Kevin Byard is the best recruit he's had

Plenty of talent has been in the stable the last 10 years. Heck the last 20. Win championships and get ranked in the Top 25.

We have won against named schools. Let’s beat the ones in our conference and move this program forward.

Byard is obviously better than Ward as has been said. Recruiting JUCO is still recruiting.

While I agree with everyone above for the most part, there is some value in calculating total players drafted. Developing clear NFL prospects - those drafted and specifically drafted before the 5th round - does show a programs ability to develop talent.

If you want correlation between draft picks and conference championship I think it’s pretty clear. UAB is really only team I can remember that didn’t have a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT