ADVERTISEMENT

Deion donates 150k to JSU facilities and it's a top article on ESPN NCAAF section...

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Yet Stockstill donates 500k and not a word....

Great to see FCS programs with superior press coverage and national media attention

Last edited:
You must not have watched the celebration bowl lol
In one full season, he got them to an 11-2 status, SWAC championship and an appearance in the HBCU nation a championship game. He's done it at a school with no where near the budget we have.

In one full season, he got them to an 11-2 status, SWAC championship and an appearance in the HBCU nation a championship game. He's done it at a school with no where near the budget we have.
He is also playing a ton of teams that have a pathetic budgets. Not impressed by barely beat a bunch of SWAC and MEAC teams.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
He is also playing a ton of teams that have a pathetic budgets. Not impressed by barely beat a bunch of SWAC and MEAC teams.
What Deion accomplished was very impressive.

He won 11 games at school that hasn’t won more than 5 in 8 years. People who didn’t know Jackson St now talk about them.

Can you imagine if MT had a coach go 10-4 in year 1 (win 8 conference games plus conference championship and the FCS game), but lose the other 3 OOC and the bowl?

That would be an amazing accomplishment at MT given where we have been, even though it means we beat up on the crappy conference in FBS.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Jackson st. was at the bottom of that conference when he got there and their facilities were nearly unusable. Also, in the offseason, he's brought in carzy talent from the portal and got Travis Hunter. Their new football facilities are nicer than ours now. Go watch the video of the new locker room and weight room. Holy crap. Also, Sanders got UGA's assistant S&C coach. I would love for him to be our coach, He's done more for his program in one season than Stock has done in 17. Also, what other FCS coaches are we discussing right now? Coach Prime is getting it done.

Reactions: Brew_Raider
The wins have been nice but it is his personality that makes him great to me. By that I mean he has always been outspoken and now he is using that to help HBCUs. Brought attention just this week to refund checks. Has helped other HBCUs with finding sponsors and getting equipment.

Small schools need someone energetic and not afraid to address issues even at their own school. That is a big part od the issue here. We need someone like that as well. Having a reserved coach really doesn't help small schools.

The wins have been nice but it is his personality that makes him great to me. By that I mean he has always been outspoken and now he is using that to help HBCUs. Brought attention just this week to refund checks. Has helped other HBCUs with finding sponsors and getting equipment.

Small schools need someone energetic and not afraid to address issues even at their own school. That is a big part od the issue here. We need someone like that as well. Having a reserved coach really doesn't help small schools.
This all day. JSU will fade from the spotlight when Coach Prime gets a FBS job.

What he accomplished in terms of wins and publicity is nothing short of the best coaching job in D1 football last year. It may be against weak competition, but that’s his league and he did it well.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

What he accomplished in terms of wins and publicity is nothing short of the best coaching job in D1 football last year. It may be against weak competition, but that’s his league and he did it well.
So, when he leaves for an FBS job? You know they are in talks with CUSA about joining the league. If he gets 20 more scholarships, he will dominate, may when CUSA in his 1st year as a FBS coach.

Are we sure it is his actual "coaching ability"? I tend to think it is just his name drawing in higher rated talent than JSU would normally get and dominating less talented teams. Not saying he can't coach, but I just feel it is more of who he is rather than serious coaching abilities that resulted in the improvement.

Are we sure it is his actual "coaching ability"? I tend to think it is just his name drawing in higher rated talent than JSU would normally get and dominating less talented teams. Not saying he can't coach, but I just feel it is more of who he is rather than serious coaching abilities that resulted in the improvement.
Go watch the youtube videos on his coaching. Go watch the videos on his film breakdown. He can coach. He coached on the high school level in Texas and has been running high school position camps for well over a decade. this wan't a fad or novelty hire. He's also brought in good position coaches too. I trust him to get it done more than our coach. That's for dang sure.

Reactions: Hop45
Wasn't my intent to mean he wasn't a good coach. However, for such a quick turnaround, I just questioned if this one year jump was due to his "coaching" or more to a raw infusion of higher level talent (recruiting) due to who he is. I don't doubt his coaching ability, just not sure it is the reason for the immediate success.

Wasn't my intent to mean he wasn't a good coach. However, for such a quick turnaround, I just questioned if this one year jump was due to his "coaching" or more to a raw infusion of higher level talent (recruiting) due to who he is. I don't doubt his coaching ability, just not sure it is the reason for the immediate success.
It's a culmintion of everything. If he was just a great recruiter, that's really enough but all of the other pieces he brings makes him a good coach. Stock has none of the other pieces Prime has. They actually had a real spring game and more than a few thousand showed up to watch. More people showed up for their spring game than we have during a regular game. There is value in that as well.

I think MT would do well to hire someone similar to Deion as next HC. We need a gimmicky guy that is popular but also might be a great coach like Deion possibly is. I just don't think a boring a no-name guy will get Murfreesboro to our games. We need someone popular or borderline controversial as our HC IMO.

I wanna see how Deion fares when he gets a Power 5 job. It's easy to outrecruit and beat up on HBCU's in my opinion. Deion was able to go in there and not only have the best recruiting classes, but also the ability to hire good assistants because people are going to want to work with him. If you have better assistants and better players than your opponents you're gonna win most of your games. Thus their results. Let's see it at the Power 5 level.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
What’s the saying… It’s about the Jimmy’s & Joes, not X&Os.

So, when he leaves for an FBS job? You know they are in talks with CUSA about joining the league. If he gets 20 more scholarships, he will dominate, may when CUSA in his 1st year as a FBS coach.

No I did not know JSU considered that.

It doesn’t change my point, when Deion leaves Jackson St for a better FBS job, JSU will fade.

ADVERTISEMENT