ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL December 1, On this date

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
On this day in 1984, the Blue Raiders defeated Indiana State 42-41 in 3 OTs in an FCS quarterfinal playoff game at Memorial Stadium in Terre Haute. Game decided when the Sycamores were stopped on 2-point conversion.

The backfield featured Vince Hall, Tony Burse, and Gerald Anderson. That may be one of the best ever group of running backs on a single Blue Raider team ever, FBS or 1aa

Last edited:
What's funny about this...I was a lost young 19 year old kid in TX in Dec 1984...I had just enrolled at MT for the Spring semester and everything I knew about the school was what I learned in a one page overview in a library book and a welcome packet I got in the mail. I had never set foot on campus or even in the state of TN. All I knew is I wanted a major change in my life....

This game wasn't live in TX but I did see highlights on the TV and thought, cool they have a FB team....My first season for fall of 1985 and I have been the biggest fan since then...here we are 33 years later.

Lets make some history today.

On this day in 1984, the Blue Raiders defeated Indiana State 42-41 in 3 OTs in an FCS quarterfinal playoff game at Memorial Stadium in Terre Haute. Game decided when the Sycamores were stopped on 2-point conversion.

The backfield featured Vince Hall, Tony Burse, and Gerald Anderson. That may be one of the best ever group of running backs on a single Blue Raider team ever, FBS or 1aa

Great find space.

And those helmets were so much better than what we have now.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT