ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CUSA Tournament: Middle Tennessee(24-6, 16-2) vs USM(15-17, 7-11) (Stadium), 6PM, Thursday, March 8

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Thursday, March 8th
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (24-6, 16-2) vs. Southern Miss (15-17, 7-11)
Record: MT leads USM 9-1

TV: Stadium
Talent: Ron Thulin, Tim Scarborough, Rachel Lindsay
Radio: Blue Raider Network (Game2/WGNS/TuneIn)
Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

Live Stats

goblueraiders.com:
Top-seeded Raiders to face Southern Miss in quarters

excerpt:

...The Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will square off at the Ford Center at the Star this Thursday night in the quarterfinals of the C-USA Men’s championship.

The 8-seed Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles improved to 15-17 (7-11 C-USA) on the season after defeating the 9-seed FIU Golden Panthers, 69-68, last night in the 1st round of the C-USA Men’s Championship. Southern Mississippi allowed FIU to fight back from a 43-28 deficit to make it game late, however, pulled away after an 8-3 Golden Eagles run gave Southern Mississippi a 66-60 lead with just :15 seconds left in regulation. Southern Mississippi held FIU to just 39.3% shooting from the field and 26.3% (5-19) shooting from beyond the arc in the victory. Leading the way for the Golden Eagles was Cortez Edwards who had 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and a block. On the season, Southern Mississippi is averaging 70.5 ppg on 44.6% shooting from the field. The Golden Eagles are averaging 7.3 three-pointers per game on 33.7% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Southern Mississippi has been led by Cortez Edwards (15.6 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.8 apg, 2.1 spg), Tyree Griffin (15.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 5.9 apg, 1.9 spg), Dominic Magee (11.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.4 apg), and Kevin Holland (7.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg). Defensively, Southern Mississippi is allowing their opponents to average 71.9 ppg on 46.1% shooting from the field. The Golden Eagles have a rebound margin of -5.5 and a turnover margin of 4.4.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders finished the season with a 24-6 overall record and earned the top-seed in the C-USA Men’s Championship after finishing conference play with an impressive 16-2 record. Middle Tennessee was the conference favorite coming into this season and although they had trouble with Marshall, losing both games to the Thundering Herd including their season finale, the Blue Raiders were outstanding this season had some solid wins against Murray State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. Middle Tennessee was led by their defense this season which ranked 28th in scoring defense, 100th in defensive FG%, and 32nd in rebound margin. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 75.1 ppg on 46.4% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders are averaging 7.2 three-pointers per game on 36.3% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Middle Tennessee has been led by Nick King (21.2 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.9 apg), Giddy Potts (13.0 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.5 spg), Brandon Walters (10.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg), and Tyrik Dixon (4.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.3 apg). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is holding their opponents to an average of 65.6 ppg on 42.7% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders have a rebound margin of 5.5 and a turnover margin of 1.3.

Middle Tennessee won both matchups against Southern Miss this season as the Blue Raiders won by a 69-49 margin on the road in mid-January and won by a 72-62 margin at home in mid-February....

That is a stupid line IMO. USM +13 all day, especially for the first half. USM will easily cover the first half IMO

Ugh. you can just tell that this tournament isn't going to go well. we look asleep at the wheel. we can't hit shots. you can't win tournaments playing like this. turning the ball over left and right.

We better wake up.

Last edited:
here we go with another train wreck night for King

This is just embarassing. You can just tell we are going to lose. Going to go do something else. I can't watch this. Even though I thought the season would end this way, I still can't stomach it.

Utterly disgusting. Good night.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter if we win or lose here. We got no shot of winning this tournament.

I think I'd rather lose here than end the season with 3 losses to Marshall anyway. The way they are playing they would blow us out in Frisco. Just get the death over with now.

We are 100% done

Can't say the season didn't end exactly how I thought it would.

Quite a shame though.

Are these announcers brain dead? This loss 100%, without question, without any sane doubt, puts us OUT of the NCAA tournament.

It’s a shame that we could lose to the same teams that keep the rpi down for the conference. Double whammy. Your damned with each loss.

Can someone post a link to the radio post talk show or whatever? I've gotta hear this one rationalized.

Nick King is talented, there is no doubting that.

but my god is he ever soft. USM just manhandled him like a child.

And I don't want to hear any talk about an at-large bid. NONE. It's not happening, and it's not even close.

This looked team looked like a Kermit Davis coached team of old. We were tight the whole game and our offense looked like garbage. Southern MIss also kept hitting big shots. Expect us to get bounced in the first round of the NIT. This group mailed it in after the Western Ky game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT