ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Naming Rights

I can’t wait for college sports to turn into nascar.

“The Gerber, Scott single ply Blue Raider team was really hitting on all cylinders in the first half. And then we came out in the second half and played like crap so it’s a good thing Scott’s single ply is so affordable. Highly recommend. And then there in the fourth quarter, we just kept fighting you know and on that 4th and goal from the one we just didn’t execute. But I thought the guys played hard. I just hate it for gerber, Scott’s, and you know piggy wiggly, Stubbs prosthetics, and all our partners because we had such a good first half.”

Big 12 in talks with Allstate, looks like an extra 30 to 50 million year for them

Not surprised. Those payments have to come from somewhere.

For those of you that have seen the movie Idiocracy......

It's just not the same sport anymore.

Remember when App St. went into the big house and beat #5 Michigan ? That team went on to win the FCS national title and returned all their players the next year to try again (unless graduating of course)

Can you imagine what would happen if an FCS team did that in today's environment? Those players would already be transferred and playing for another school before they got back on the flight home to Boone.

Sad, sad state of affairs. And just not interesting anymore.

Ads on jerseys is next
That really doesn't bother me. NBA has done it for years as has the NFL on their practice jerseys. Just a matter of time till it happens on their game jerseys. Long as it stays a single patch I see nothing wrong with it.

It also doesn't bother me to have field sponsors on the 25. But the 50yd logo needs to be left alone. (minus the pegasus)

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Necessary evil. Got to have money to compete in this era. What's the payout/school?

I remember when FAU was in talks with that private prison group to sponsor their stadium. Owlcatraz was a cool idea for a second. LOL.

Reactions: MTTim
I am kinda surprised we haven’t sold the naming rights to JRF. Seems like a no brainer source of income.
No brainer for alot of people, unfortunately the people in power here don't have have much brains. So many local businesses you could reach out to for something like this, for MC as well

Reactions: BRaiderDave
The first local company for naming rights I would go after would be undoubtedly Smyrna ReadyMix Concrete, LLC. Their $3 million donation to the athletic department was one of the largest in Build Blue history. Knowing we already have one of the top Concrete based degree programs in the nation makes for a perfect tie in to the university. Plus SRMC is no small company. They serve customers in 19 states, functioning with numerous subsidiaries, & as SRMC calls it employees 8,300 team members.
The RMC Johnny Red Floyd Stadium sounds like a perfect match to me.

The first local company for naming rights I would go after would be undoubtedly Smyrna ReadyMix Concrete, LLC. Their $3 million donation to the athletic department was one of the largest in Build Blue history. Knowing we already have one of the top Concrete based degree programs in the nation makes for a perfect tie in to the university. Plus SRMC is no small company. They serve customers in 19 states, functioning with numerous subsidiaries, & as SRMC calls it employees 8,300 team members.
The RMC Johnny Red Floyd Stadium sounds like a perfect match to me.
Would be my first choice as well but companies like Cracker Barrel, Dollar General, HCA, Nissan, St. Thomas, Asurion all come to mind

Reactions: MTFAN61
Just looked at naming rights for a number of pro stadiums for 2023-24. Many are currently between $2-$6 million annually.
Being a G5 college, & to get best bang for the buck it may be best to offer a contract combining naming rights for both football stadium & basketball arena combined.
Would $500k annually on a 5 year contract be in the ball park for a school our size?

Just looked at naming rights for a number of pro stadiums for 2023-24. Many are currently between $2-$6 million annually.
Being a G5 college, & to get best bang for the buck it may be best to offer a contract combining naming rights for both football stadium & basketball arena combined.
Would $500k annually on a 5 year contract be in the ball park for a school our size?
UNT gets $1.4m/yr for theirs in a 15yr deal.
SJSU gets $580k.
Ark St gets $500k

So it's a bit all over the place but could be done. Even $500k would cover half of CDM's salary. That's a huge help.

What if we sold naming rights to each section of seating? Along the lines of Bristol Motor Speedway seating sections being named after former drivers, The Dale Earnhardt Section, Row X, Seat X.

Last edited:
to get best bang for the buck it may be best to offer a contract combining naming rights for both football stadium & basketball arena combined.
This is a great idea! I know we’ve got some naming rights options available right now but giving someone that opportunity would be enticing for every company. I wouldn’t stop there, I’d say offer it for every athletic field and try to get a lot for it. I would think a company that could have their name plastered on every sport of ours would bring in a good offer. I don’t know of any school that’s done it for both BB and Football let alone all fields/courts.

Looks like most of the G5's are in the $500k range on their football stadiums.
Using the packaging idea we have a few options to try out with a corporation considering a contract.
First the traditional $500k/year for one sight.
Second, offer $750k/year & they get naming rights for football stadium & basketball arena.
Or third using ewglenn's premise, a cool $1 million annually & the company gets naming rights on every athletic facility on campus for say a 5-10 year contract.
The latter would basically pay for a major coaches contract, or since the money is coming from an outside entity couldn't some of that also be transferred to the school's NIL program. That would definitely represent some big time cheddar for the athletes. With those kind of funds we probably could recruit & get the occasional high caliber 4 star athlete on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT